Chapter 58

Theo

"You've been saying that for years now, Angel. But still you can't cook like us.", Ace said with a chuckle.

"I can.", Angel huffed and looked away from him.

He smiled and was going to argue but I gave him a stern look.

His smile dropped and he looked a little hesitant. But I was looking straight in his eyes and he understood that it's a warning to not argue further.

"Yes, you can.", he said with a little hesitation.

I blinked and averted my eyes from him.

After a moment of complete silence, Angel asked in a serious voice.

"Can I?"

I stiffened at her tone and glared at Dylan and Ace and they looked away.

"Of course you can, Angel.", I said with a small chuckle.

She didn't say anything after that and just continued to eat.

Vince and Aria were looking at her but she just didn't lift her head and continued to eat.

I shook my head at the boys and they looked a little tense.

Aria averted her eyes from Angel and continued to eat silently. Vince looked at me and the boys blankly and started eating silently.

I told them to stop arguing and teasing her for unnecessary things but how can they be my brothers if they followed what I say!

After a while of silent eating, Angel stood up abruptly, startling all of us.

"I am full. I am tired so I'm going to sleep.", she said and walked out of the dining room quickly.

Ace and Dylan stiffened at that and I tensed.

Did we mess up?

That's the reason I asked the boys to stop teasing her!

Before anyone could say anything, Aria stood up too.

"I-I'm full too.", she said with a slight stutter, looking straight at nothing in particular and walked out.

"Aria", Ace called out but she didn't turn around and walked away closing the door behind her.

I didn't understand why Aria walked out. 

I rubbed my forehead and sighed.

I looked up and noticed Vince was already looking at me with his usual cold eyes.

He placed his fork down and leaned back on his chair and looked at all of us.

"Can I know for how long all of you are going to act like this?", Vince asked calmly but with a firm tone.

I looked at him with a frown.

"Act like what?", I asked.

"You tell me, Theo. Tell me how you are acting these past few months.", he said calmly but there was a sharp edge to his tone.

"I don't know what you are talking about.", I said and looked away.

"I know you better than you expect and about them-", he paused and looked at the other three.

"I practically raised them and you expect me to not notice their unusual behavior?", he completed, looking back at me.

"What are you trying to say, Vince?", I asked exasperated.

I know what he is asking about but he wouldn't understand my reason and I'm pretty sure he will be really angry once I say it.

"Don't play dumb, Theo. Start talking.", he said calmly but it was more of an order and I didn't miss the subtle warning in his tone.