Chapter 69

**********************Don't forget to read the note at the end of the chapter******************

Angelina

"She is poisoned!", Easton muttered, tapping Anna's cheeks.

My breath hitched at his statement.

Poisoned?

Why?

Who?

Anna's eyes were half closed. She was neither completely unconscious nor completely awake.

She was slipping in and out of consciousness.

My brain was going numb with fear and tension.

I held her tightly and tapped her cheek, calling out her name with tears uncontrollably flowing down my cheeks.

"Angelina, we need to get her to the hospital.", Easton said.

But the fear of something happening to Anna was pushing all my sane thoughts aside.

My hold on her was getting tighter and tighter by the second and I didn't stop tapping her cheek and calling out her name loudly, ignoring completely the crowd that gathered around us and people whispering.

Foam was flowing out of her mouth and she was still hiccupping.

I involuntarily tuned  out all the voices around me. I was looking at Anna and held her to my chest tightly with teary eyes.

Someone tried to take Anna from me but I pushed the hand away and held her even more tightly.

"Angelina", Easton's firm voice and a little shake to my shoulder broke my trance.

I looked up at him and he looked at me with a firm yet gentle expression.

"We have to get Arianna to the hospital.", he said firmly.

His words started sinking in and I loosened my hold around her.

He gently took her from my hands and was going to lift her up but a guard stopped him.

"I'll take her, Mr.", the guard said.

Before he could take Anna from Easton, I held on to her and shook my head looking at Easton.

What if the guard is not one of my brother's men?

I can't risk Anna's safety.

I don't know why but I felt safe with Easton than with anyone else at this moment.

Easton blinked his eyes in assurance.

"Let me take both of them with me. You can come in my car too.", Easton said, looking at the guard and started walking out not waiting for a reply.

I followed him out and a car was already waiting near the entrance of the school.

He placed Anna in the back seat and I sat at the back with her head in my lap.

Easton walked around and took the keys from the driver and he himself got behind the wheel with the guard in the passenger seat.

He drove out of the school and the guard was talking to someone on the call.

"Anna, stay awake.", I said and tapped her cheek every now and then to prevent her from falling unconscious.

Easton was driving very fast but it wasn't rash or so I felt. The fact that this was a sports car added to our advantage.

After a few minutes, her breathing started getting shallow and she wasn't even opening her eyes.

"She's not breathing properly!", I cried out in panic.