Chapter 101

Third Person POV

Reece Mansion 

Easton looked at his parents who were looking back at him sharply, waiting for him to speak up.

He knew there was no need of lying anymore and hence started to narrate how he met Angelina and what all happened until the present day.

Kris had just come back after showing Angel her room.

She was standing silently , listening to her brother explaining things to her parents.

After Easton told his parents everything, he looked at them calmly, ready to face any consequences for lying.

On the other hand, Katherina and Michael were deep in their own thoughts.

"Angelina had been living with the Marinos all these years.", Michael stated with a thoughtful expression.

"How's her relationship with Riccardo Marino?", Katherina asked calmly.

"She hardly ever spoke of him. I guess he isn't very present in their lives. And whenever I bring up his topic, Angelina's mood drops and she dodges the topic.", Easton replied.

"No wonder. I would be surprised if he had been loving towards a child that's not his.", Katherina said coldly.

"You know him, mom?", Easton asked, surprised.

"He's just an acquaintance.", Katherina said in disdain.

After a moment's pause, she looked at her son.

"So, Angelina is not happy now?", she asked calmly.

Easton shook his head.

"It's all those Marinos' fault, mom.", Kris said angrily.

"Why did you think that she would be happier with them than with us, Tony?", Katherina asked calmly.

Easton speculated his thoughts for a moment in silence.

"Because her brothers and sister love her like their own and she loves them back as much.", Easton said calmly.

Katherina didn't say anything.

She respected and trusted her son's judgment. He never took any decision based on assumptions or on impulse. If he was saying that the Marinos loved Angelina, then they truly must have.

"Though I'm furious at that family, I do accept that at a point even I felt she would really be happy with them.", Kris said thoughtfully.

"Why so, princess?", Michael asked, looking at his daughter.

"I talked to her second eldest brother, Theodore, dad. He was very possessive about his sister and didn't like us being anywhere near her. If he had not given a damn about her, he wouldn't have bothered to keep us away.", Kris said, looking at her father.

"Then why did they leave her to us now?", Zay asked with a frown.

"If they love her like Kris and Tony said, why did they send her away to us?", Zay continued.

Before Easton could say something, his mother beat him to it.

"There's always two sides to a story. We are only seeing from one side.", Katherina said calmly.

Kris shook her head slightly.

Like mother like son.

Even her brother had said the same to her on the flight.

"What do we do now, Kate?", Michael asked his wife.

"Angelina is my niece, Mike. She's no less than my own child to me. I want to see her happy. Let's try our best to make her happy. The rest, only time will decide.", Katherina said calmly, looking at her husband.