Chapter 55

Arianna

Right now, I'm sitting in my room, wondering what I should do to escape boredom.

Angel went to her therapy session in the morning and I'm completely bored.

Two days ago, when I talked to her, I could feel the desperation in her voice.

Desperation to be free from whatever the nightmares that are haunting her.

But, unfortunately she herself is the one not willing to open up and let others help her in letting it go.

After knowing that she doesn't actively participate in her therapy and in fact she sleeps in her sessions, to say I was shocked is an understatement.

Angelina is one of the most responsible people I have known. So, to know her not taking her therapy seriously is indeed a shocker.

Sure she is hyperactive, funny and chill about most of the things, but when it really matters she acts mature beyond her age.

But the one thing that pulls her down is her past. I don't know what it is but sensing from her hesitance to open up, I can conclude that it isn't something trivial.

Also, her relationship with dad is very weird and honestly speaking, I am disappointed with the way they act towards each other.

She said both of them are not really fond of each other.

Were they always like that or did it change after dad got to know that she is not biologically related and I am?

If that is the case, then I don't think I can support dad with that kind of thinking.

But as far as I know him, he is very friendly, overly protective and very easy to talk to.

Whereas there can't be another person as lovable as Angel.

So, I wonder what exactly is wrong between them.

I can clearly see fear and hesitance in Angel when dad is around and I don't like it one bit. Dad doesn't speak to her the way he speaks to me. I have noticed that in the past too but shrugged it off thinking I was just imagining.

But as days went by, I understood that I am not imagining, but it is the truth.

I can't ask Angel about it again. She told me she will share it when she is ready and I don't want to pressurize her.

Maybe I can ask dad. Maybe he will explain about his behavior towards her.

I just hope it is a good enough reason.

When Angel asked me if I would trust her over someone else when the time comes, my heart sank. I dreaded the truth behind dad's relationship with her.

Is it that bad?

She covered it up with an excuse but I just hope he wasn't rude to her. Not now and not in the past.

I will trust her over anyone but will I trust her over dad?

I really don't know the answer to that.

Because from where I see, both of them are good and wouldn't do something I would be disappointed about.

So, maybe I can decide it after listening to both of them.

I did say to her that I would trust her, but if the other person is dad, then I really don't have an answer.

He has been nothing but loving to me all this time and I wonder if he can do something to deliberately hurt Angel.

Ugh.