Chapter 43

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Note : Dear readers, there is some violence at the later part of this chapter and if you are not comfortable then skip that part.

If you are not comfortable with violence, then skip the part written between '#'.

I don't know if what I wrote is mild violence or more, but don't curse me after reading it as writing violent scenes doesn't make me a violent person.

Now, enjoy the chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arianna

I am sitting in front of Vince in the library, waiting for him to say something.

After dinner, Vince asked me to meet him in the library, so here I am sitting in the library.

Unlike every time Vince called me to the library, Theo is not present here.

Also, I'm quite tensed about what he is going to say. Whenever Vince calls me to the library, the matter is really important and I'm not sure what's the matter now.

Vince cleared his throat and I looked at him tensed.

"Relax Arianna.", he said calmly.

But I can't relax. I know he is going to speak about some important matter and I'm not able to come up with any possibility. The uncertainty is making me all the more tensed.

"You're not in trouble, Arianna. Relax.", Vince said calmly and I bit my lip and nodded.

If I'm not in trouble then what is this about?

Vince waited for a few minutes patiently for me to calm down, but I was getting more anxious. I want to get done with this as fast as possible.

Maybe Vince realized that too so he decided to finally speak.

"Arianna, I want to speak to you about your foster parents.", he said in a very calm voice and I froze.

What?

My foster parents?

Why?

What is there to talk?

Is he going to ask about the abuse?

Or worse, are they out of prison and he is going to send me back to them?

I know it is unreasonable to think like that but the fear still lingers in my brain.

What is this about?

"Arianna", Vince's firm voice brought me out of my trance and I looked at him. I am clutching my pant very tightly. So tight that I think the pant might tear.

"What were your foster parents like? How was your relationship with them?", he asked and I looked away.

Why is he asking all this?

What should I say?

Should I tell him the truth?

But I don't want to. It's too humiliating to accept that I was abused by my foster parents.

Maybe he is just asking it casually.

Maybe I'm just overthinking.

I would be called really dumb if I assume he is asking me casually. Because he is not asking me in front of everyone and after the incident last time, he didn't question me about my panic attack.