Chapter 66

Arianna

We are in the car right now, driving home.

Apparently, the boys had some work so Josh is driving Angel and me home.

He was injured during that incident few months ago but now, he is completely cured and joined back in his duty.

"Is Theo at home, Mr. Josh?", Angel asked.

"No, Ms. Marino.", he answered.

"Where is he?", she questioned further.

"Mr. Marino is at the office.", Josh answered.

She huffed and folded her hands over her chest.

"He will come home, Angel. You can talk to him then.", I said.

"You know Theo, Anna. He won't come if he is still upset.", she said with a defeated sigh.

I sighed.

It's true. It's one of Theo's habits. He comes home very late when everyone's asleep whenever he is upset about something.

Everyone knows something happened between Angel and Theo but don't know what.

Neither of them spoke anything about it so we are waiting for them to sort it out on their own.

"Mr. Josh, can you take us to the office?", Angel asked all of a sudden.

I frowned and before Josh could say something, I beat him to it.

"Why?", I asked with a frown.

"I want to meet Theo now itself. I don't know if he'll at least come home today or maybe because if it starts to drag on, I am afraid I won't have the courage to confront him.", she said with a gloomy expression.

I felt bad for her.

Whatever it is I hope they will sort it out soon.

It feels so gloomy and quiet at home when Angel is in a bad mood. She literally keeps running around the house and stays excited all day long that it brings liveliness to the house.

But when she is upset, everything goes quiet and the silence is really unbearable.

In the time we spent together, we have gotten really close and my mood goes off too when she is upset.

Josh's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"I am afraid I can't do that, Ms. Marino. Boss asked me to take you home without any detour.", Josh said.

"I'll manage my brother, Mr. Josh. Please.", Angel requested.

Josh stiffened at that.

"You shouldn't plead me, mam. Boss wouldn't like it.", he said with a stoic face.

"Then please take me to the office.", Angel requested.

I sighed internally and decided to help her.

"Please Mr. Josh, take us to Theo's office.", I said.

Angel looked at me amused and I raised a brow at her.

She pressed her lips to suppress her smile and pleaded again and so did I.

Josh finally sighed and shook his head a little.

"Alright. I'll take you to Mr. Marino.", he said with a defeated sigh.

Angel and I high-fived with a big smile.

Josh gave us a look in the rear view mirror and we both averted our eyes, trying to control our smile.