Chapter 78

Easton

Kris and I are currently driving back to our house.

And Kris is unusually silent.

She always talks about something or the other all the time and hardly ever stays silent. 

The fact that she is not speaking at all right now only confirms my assumption that she has figured out something.

And I'm pretty sure she has a lot of doubts.

Her silence is enough proof for me to conclude that.

I didn't try to start a conversation either.

At a time like this I prefer to stay silent too.

After some time, Kris herself will come to me with her thoughts.

After a few minutes of driving in silence, we finally reached the house.

Kris got out of the car first and I followed suit.

As I entered the house, I saw her sitting on the sofa in the living room, seriously.

I sighed and sat beside her.

We sat in absolute silence for a while, she was waiting for me to start and I was waiting for her to speak.

After a little more while in silence, she finally huffed and looked at me.

"Who is Angelina, Tony?", she asked calmly.

"A friend.", I replied.

It isn't a lie and neither is it the truth but I don't want to disclose anything without knowing how much Kris has figured out.

"A friend who resembles aunt Lil?", she asked calmly with a hint of sarcasm.

Of course she identified!

No wonder she is at the top of her batch in the university.

"What exactly do you want to know?", I asked, looking at her without a trace of expression on my face and blank eyes.

"Who is Angelina?", she asked, coming directly to the point, as ever.

"Who do you think she is? She is just a random friend.", I said flatly, trying my best to avoid any suspicion but I know that my sister is far more intelligent to buy my vague answers.

"A friend who is nine years younger to you, who resembles our aunt Lil and lastly, you seem to know a bit too much about her family.", she said, looking straight in my eyes.

"Before you deny it, I would like to point out that befriending a person who is far younger to you is fine but knowing people from her family is a bit odd. And moreover, the way her brother reacted to you is not normal either. The fact that you know almost two other people from her family when you call her a random friend is unbelievable. Above all, she resembles aunt Lil a bit too much that it's impossible to call it a coincidence.", she completed calmly, looking straight in my eyes.

I did not expect any less from my sister.

As observant and spontaneously calculative as ever!

"Tony?", she probed again.

"Angelina is aunt Lil's daughter.", I stated calmly, looking at her.

Her eyes widened just for a second and she looked back at me curiously, waiting for me to tell more.

But I remained silent.

"It's a little surprising but I don't understand. If Angelina is aunt's daughter, why did we not know about her till now? Why did you never have an idea that our aunt had a daughter? How did she end up with the other family? Who are they?", she asked, more like questioning all the possibilities with a frown and a deep thoughtful expression.