Pale moonlight

Hearing the words that left his mouth Layla looked into his eyes and without a say she turned on her heels and left the place leaving Azeem behind.

Azeem watched her retreating back with an unyielding gaze till her silhouette disappeared

"I shall make you mine Layla."

"Master." Alfred called from behind and when Azeem turned. Alfred bowed his head to report

"Liam called,there's a situation at the base."

"Tell me." Azeem said and made his way back to his car. Alfred shot legs quickly followed him.

"The ship that contained the armed weapons got stuck in the hands of customs officers."

"How did that happen?" He questioned making himself comfortable and Alfred started the car.

"The men that were in charge of the ship are new. They recently joined Liam's gang."

"Hmm." Azeem hummed with a frown
"when did he recruited them without me being informed."

"My apologies Master. I intended to do that but slipped my mind."

"Arrange meeting with the head of the custom officers. I shall visit him today."

"Okay Master."  Alfred answered and took the right turn to the Mafia base.

Azeem's face blackened over certain thoughts but didn't say anything out and placed his face into his palm to boringly stare out at the window.

Finally for years,he found something meaningful and amusing to enlighten his forever dull life. A life full of boredom,taking care of the underworld affairs since from the young age,caring for his paralyzed mother and dealing with his flesh and blood bound step-brother as his closest enemy . And finally a dead father that left a scar and a tinge of craziness in him.

A crocked grin graced his face as the beautiful face of Layla flashed through his mind. Though she would become his greatest weakness and enemies would have something to threaten him with,but he wouldn't mind dying for her.

That certain dark and murky feelings that engulfed him to the extent that he could kill anyone that have the nerve to mess up with her shook his entire being with happiness.
When his coppery eyes set themselves on her,all he knows was that he must have her.

That feistiness,fierceness that blaze and dance in her blue eyes made him to swore over her. He had never experienced the feeling of falling in love but this must assured him that what he felt for her was love.

"Layla Harris." He muttered slowly

"What a strange girl?"

|||~~

Layla instead of going back to the apartment she asked the driver to take her to her best friend's house.

Knocking on the door Aysha's mother opened it. Layla hugged her

"SalamuAlaikum Maama." She said and Aysha's mother replied with a smile hugging her back

"Waalaikum salam Layla. How are you doing?"

"I am very fine alhamdulilah." She answered pulling away from the hug

"Aysha told us about what happened. If you ever need any anything remember we're always here to help okay?" Layla bubbled her head

"Yes Maama thank you." After that, she made her way to Aysha's room.

Getting in she saw her bestie. Aysha had immersed herself into the novel she was reading.