Last chance!

Not edited

"I met Abdallah yesterday and he offered to pay for my tuition fee." Layla shared what happened yesterday with her best friend. She decided to spend the Sunday with Aysha because she'll be bored at the apartment with Harriet out.

"That's indeed good of him." Aysha chimed from where she sat on the bed with a bowl of ice cream.

"You told him about my situation right". Layla asked getting up from her laid position on the bed to face Aysha.

Aysha swallowed the ice cream in her mouth to say.
"Well Layla you know that he loves you.why not give him a chance and marry him so that that scum will stop stressing you,"

"I want to do that Aysha but it is like I am putting Abdallah's life in danger."

"How?" She asked and kept the bowl on the table beside her.

"That man will stop at nothing to get what he wants,he threatened me that he will kill anyone that I associate myself with."

Weighing Layla's words with a thinkable face Aysha asked
"Then what are we going to do now?"

"what do we do now?''
Layla ran her hands through her auburn hair and sigh in control frustration to say
"I will sue him for harassment, he was stalking me and he had condemned my resume.'

Aysha hurriedly adjusted to come face to face with Layla. She held her hands to quickly part mouth as if afraid she will forget what she's going to say
"Layla we don't have any concrete evidence to do that and from how you describe him he seems rich. Madly rich at that one.'''

"If not this then what do I do?'' her brows frown and she groaned tired of how her life was turning in to something unpredictable.

"let's wait for some time and think about it thoroughly''. Aysha advised and leaned her back to the bed board

''hmm''Layla nodded with a hum and laid back to the bed to stare directly at ceiling.
Not looking to aysha she ask
''what says the time?''

Aysha looked to her phone then to Layla .
"2:00PM."

''I should get going'' she raised to her to feet,pinned her hijab before she grabbed her bag.

"Call me when you get home okay?" Aysha's voice came from the bed to Layla who stood by the mirror side.

"Insha Allah I wil-....
Her phone that was on the bedside drawer ding with a message and that interrupted her,cutting off the rest of her words .

She walked and picked the phone to come across what changed her life totally ,clicking the message the message read

''Dear Harris,
We're regrettably delivering this message to you on behalf of the university. Due to the failure of you not paying for your tuition fees for a year now and your disobedience to Mr.Morris the university decide to withdraw you and it is gladly welcoming you to collect the rest of your material to......''

Layla haven't finish reading the message when her phone slipped to the ground with a thud earning aysha's attention at a speedy time.

''inalilahi waina ilaihil rajuun'' she kept muttering as she held her the chair by her side to support herself. Aysha without asking the dejected and confused Layla picked the phone to read.

Her shoulders slacked and she looked to Layla whose shoulders were vigorously shaking as she brawl her eyes out.

The tears were running down to her cheek unstoppably. She sniffed back a mucus and wiped her eyes that now had the look of determination together with vengeance.she collected the phone that was in aysha's hands to walk out without even saying goodbye.