Calm Before The Storms.

The news reached Azeem that was in the middle of a meeting at the base. His senses got all messed up afraid of what might happen to his dear mother. The person that he held the most dear to him in the whole world,the person that he couldn't even imagine not being there by his side.

He picked his phone to dial a number.
"Colt. I will send you a number,trace the location. I need it right away." Azeem stated as soon as the person from the other side picked up. Colt answered with a yes before he cut off the call.

Azeem then dialed his mother's number,it went through but not answered. He did for so many times but all unanswered. It was at the next dial a person picked up
"Hello. Azeemy." A voice came and Azeem's body went rigid.

"Won't you answer me,isn't that how your mother saved your number or perhaps used to call you."

"My mother.?" All that he could say,he didn't get time for any chitchat.

"Oh she's here with me,we are about to get started. Wanna hear her voice before her screams take over.?"

"Azeem." He heard her muffled voice as if she was struggling.

"Maama, don't worry I will save you ."

"Azeem don't come please take—

"Aa aa that's enough for you two.I don't wanna cry over this emotional talk after all I lost my mom" The person took over the conversation

"Azeem,your mother will pray the price for your arrogance and well for destroying my troop."

"Hakeem! Don't! Hakeem!" Azeem shouted with panic but the line has already went dead.

Two messages popped into his phone. One the address Colt sent and the other from his mother.
"Come and have a last moment with your mother. To say goodbye before she embarks and meets her pilot." And at the end he added with a caution sign
"Solo Visit.❗️"

Azeem hurriedly picked his car keys and also his gun before he ran out of the base to get into his car.

   He pinned his phone to the phone section,observing the location and then started the car.
  "I just hope I am not too late" he uttered and zoomed out of the base at full speed.

Azeem slammed his feet on the brakes. The car screeched to halt by the uncompleted's gate . He could smell the burned rubber of the tyres skidding on the asphalt.

Azeem pushed the car door opened and picked up his gun along with him . He swept his eyes towards the dark building . "Absence of Power".He thought and walked to the gate. The place seemed deserted and quiet. 'There is nobody here?"
He entered and started to search the entire building but he found no one,he climbed up all the stairs till he came to the last top of the building where it was all space as he can see the night sky.

Docking his head down from observing the sky his gaze caught sight of a figure from afar laid on the cold ground.

"Mother?"His steps were slow with denial of what his mind was telling him.

As he finally reached the place where his mother's body laid his body started to convulse and he dropped to his knees.

His shaky hands went for her face and cleared the almost dried tears and blood that was on her dirty face.

"What have I done? Ya Allah!"

"Dear Maama!"Home for me was not where I was. Home for me was a physical structure where the woman whom I love was sheltered and protected from the incoming storms of life. Home for me was not where I was safe, but where she was safe.
Home for me was not where she existed , but where she lived. She was my home.
   My Maama!
"I never wanted you to leave!"