I resent you

Exhausted Layla made her way to the apartment. She gave the taxi man his bill and turned to walk into the compound. Somehow she indeed felt relieved with how she took the courage to slap Azeem.

Faintly smiling she raised her hand to open the door to the house she was squatting down but her hand halted midway when a series of conversation came to her hearings.

"Mom don't send Layla away please she had no place to go. What if something happen to her." Harriet the girl that's fond of Layla complained to her mom who was deciding to send Layla away the moment she came back.

"Okay what if something happened to us too Harriet . That man's gaze held nothing but danger."
Harriet's mom's voice came unbelievably loud and that made Layla to make an instant decision

"Maama I believe they're just scammers."
Harriet tried to reason but her mom was so adamant
"We can't wait to find out. I am just sending her away. I can't afford to lose my life because of her."

"Maama ple-...." Harriet started but the sound of the door being opened stopped her. She gave her mom a 'see' word like look before she walked to Layla who closed the door behind her.

"Aunt Layla please don't misunderstood us we were...."

"No Harriet I understand. I know what is going on and I also don't want to put you guys in danger."

"But-....."

"Shhh!" Layla shushed her before she held her hand

"Come help me park." Layla dragged Harriet into their room to park her remaining belongings.

After bidding Harriet and mom goodbye Layla turned for one last look at the building where she'd spent so many years after her parents death. Tears glistened in her eyes as she stared at it. This part of her life was over. Not just the living part of her life but also her personal life as well. She had to get out of here before she started to blubber.

She did her best to chock back a sob threatening to escape ger lips. She needed to get angry,down and dirty angry at what she considered Azeem Gad's warning. She shifted the box under her arm again so she could remove her bright brown glove. She flexed her cold fingers before she offered the place a goodbye and brought her phone out of her coat pocket. She dialed Aysha's number after the third ring she picked up.

"SalamuAlaikum Layla."

"A-aysha i need you to pick me up at my apartment." Layla's voice quivered a little as she said those words. Aysha could point the sadness of her words and decided to not ask anything
"Right away". She said and cut off the call.

Layla pulled on the bright brown glove as she turned away from the door. The sob in her throat escaped as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Pushing her luggage out of the apartment's compound she saw Azeem's figure leaned on the tree by the opposite side.

"Not having place to live?" He asked as he pushed his figure up.

Layla continued to roll her luggage out of the compound without replying him.

"My offer still stands. I can take care of you now that you have no family,no one."

Stopping distance away from her with his hands inside pocket he asked

"So now that you only have me as a choice, what do you say?"

"You're insane ." She said ,while shaking her head. She turned to look at him and a bright smile appeared on his lips to say
"This is how i am. When in love."

Seeing her dumbfounded face he added
"Oh how much I want to do many things to you. Let's get married Layla Harris."

Layla stood rooted to the ground,stunned at her enemy's revelation. She needed to say something,and she needed to say it immediately
"Don't you have a human heart?"

Not taking a step towards her he said
"No it was taken away from me."

Layla didn't wait any minute in voice what's in her
"I resent you Azeem I hate you so much that my heart burn with hatred towards you."

Smiling he said
"At least you do that at least I occupied a part of your heart."

"But don't hate me just like that,hate me with passion. Don't you ever heard about the phrase
enemies turned to lovers?"

"Don't go cozy with your words. Thinking that you can get me, you ass hole!!.You just ruined my life. I'm going to get you for this if it's the last thing I do." Layla snarled

Azeem looked over to her
"Wife to be, you have mouth like a longshoreman. You should be caution on your speech."

"If not you're going to kill her." Aysha's voice came as she got out from her parked car at the side.

Turning his head to Aysha's direction he sized her up.
"I met someone that I want to kill just now."

"She will never marry you." She determinedly said and that made Alfred to came to stand at his master's side.

Azeem chuckled unbelievably.
"Hahaha What did you just say?"

"She won't marry you."Aysha emphasized and stood to her ground.

The tensive ambience of the evening turned stiff and his expression turned in a menace with some elements of grimness.
"Okay how about this"

SalamuAlaikum,Hi,Hello
Here's is a small chapter.cope with it😅 because next chapter will be updated soon insha Allah.

Thank you and don't forget to vote ✨❤️
Bye 😘