Enchanted.

Not edited!!

As the afternoon sun cast a warm glow through the window, the family of three reached back home. Layla helped Imad out of the car whose hand was tightly held in his mother's grasp. He was glued to her since when they got back into the car,he appeared so talkative as Layla kept asking him about school and his friends.

Azeem was so surprised that Imad was voicing out his thoughts which he never did to him as whenever he asked him about his school he would reply as usual with a'Fine'.

When they got inside Imad dragged his mother to his room.

Layla was careful with her steps as her legs were still not steady enough. Gently she helped Imad out of his school wears,

"Okay,let's take a bath." Layla voiced out as she packed his school uniform to the laundry basket.
"No Maama. Rest. I can bath myself." Imad's voice came to her hearing as he tied his bathing robe to his small body.

"No baby. Now that I'm here, I want to do everything for you."

"Maama just for today okay? Daddy said you're still weak."

"Daddy said that." Layla asked her eyes narrowing,promising to chastise Azeem later.

"Mmm" Imad sounded before he said his dua and got into the bathroom.
Imad took a shower but under her supervision,and afterwards she helped him dressed into a short and a shirt before they sat down to dry his hair.

As Imad sat down enjoying his mother's treatment , a wide grin spread across his face. "Maama, guess what?" He exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement.

Curiosity sparked in Layla's eyes as she craned down her head to Imad's level. "What is it, sweetheart? Tell me all about it," she encouraged, eager to hear his story.

Layla was so happy that heart was trying to burst out of her chest. So happy that Imad appeared too comfortable with her company,like he had known her for eons.

With animated gestures and a voice filled with wonder, Imad began to recount the day's lesson. "Today at school, before the cooking class,we learned about dinosaurs!" He exclaimed, his eyes shining with delight.

Azeem, who was about to enter the room stopped when he heard the enthusiastic voice of his son. A smile found it way to his face for him to muttered 'Finally he's acting like his age,so it was after all the absence of his mother!' And with that he decided to let them enjoy each other's company. He can have her all to himself later.

Listening intently, Layla nodded, encouraging Imad to continue. "Oh, that sounds fascinating! What did you learn about dinosaurs?" she asked, genuinely interested.

His face lit up as he shared his newfound knowledge. "We learned that dinosaurs were really big and lived a long, long time ago. Some of them had sharp teeth and claws too! I can't wait to learn about dragons too . Though they don't all exist" he explained, his small hands mimicking the size of the creatures.

Layla smiled, impressed by his enthusiasm. "That's amazing, sweetie! Did you have a favorite dinosaur?" she inquired, curious to know his preference.

With a nod and a gleam in his eyes, Imad exclaimed, "Yes, Maama! I really like the T-Rex. It was the king of all the dinosaurs and had really big teeth!"

Chuckling softly, Layla replied, "T-Rex is quite popular among dinosaur enthusiasts. I can see why you find it fascinating!" She couldn't help but feel proud of her child's growing curiosity.

"Did your teacher show you any pictures or models of dinosaurs?" She asked taking the dryer back.

"Yes, Maama! We had a big T-Rex model in our classroom. It was so cool! And we colored pictures of different dinosaurs
too."