Parting Words.

Back into the basement where the female workers and the aged took shelter, Layla was unable to seat or calm herself down,the uneasiness that was brewing inside was threatening to eat her up. She was going back and forth with different thoughts and scenarios running through her mind.
It was almost two hours now,Azeem didn't come back and there's also no sign of someone.

"Is the fight not over yet," she thought
"It is,since there no more sound of rumbling.' She answered herself and that's when she finalized her thoughts. Turning around she scanned the maids and her eyes fell on Cynthia the head maid.

"Cynthia, here" she passed the sleeping Inaya that was in her arms to her.
"Take care of them. I need to go check on Azeem. It's been too long." Cynthia wanted to defy her Madam but the look of worry she saw in Layla's eyes couldn't allow her so she quietly held Inaya to her arms. She didn't blame Layla for taking this rash action because anyone would care for their husbands.

Layla turned to Imad. "I will be right back. I need to check on Daddy.okay?"

"Yes Maama. I will look after Inaya." Imad answered before he walked over to Cynthia. When Layla saw that she quickly ran over to the stairs that led outside but Alex the butler stopped her.

"Madam I can't let you out. That's Master's order.!" He said but Layla got no time. Anyone who dared to stand in her way would feel the full force of her wrath. Her fierce gaze
"Alex let me out. I need to see Azeem."

"I can go and check out." He proposed

"No. I need to see him myself."

"Madam-

"Alex if you continue to defy me. I swear I will knock you down." Layla gritted out the words with so much anger and desperation, her words were sharp, her threats potent.

"And don't think I can't.. now let me OUT" she emphasized the last word with a mix of fear and fury. Her eyes blazed with an intensity that could ignite the very air around her.
"I don't have time for this! I need to check on Azeem , and I won't let anyone or anything stop me from doing that!"

She fixed her fiery gaze towards him and Alex got no alternative but to give her way.

"Madam." Alex called as Layla was ascending the stairs.

"Take this with you. Just in case." He passed out his pistol to her and she collected with a nod before she walked out.

On getting out of the basement Layla witnessed the ruins that were caused. Many people were dead,some at the brink of death and some badly injured.

She scanned the inner house and all that hit her was utter silence. She checked everywhere but there's no sign of Azeem. Her heart was trashing tenfold her normal rhythm as she walked out of the main house and into the surroundings

"I am changed person Azeem,no more your brother"

Hakeem said as he tossed the knife deep into Azeem's heart. Azeem gasped as fresh blood spout out of his mouth. With tears streaming down his cheeks. His nose bled as he couldn't bear the pain.

"But i am still yours."Azeem slowly muttered.
Because of repentance and his love for him,he couldn't kill his brother. Hakeem smirked at Azeem's words before he twisted the dagger that was in Azeem's chest making Azeem to loudly screech with pain.
"AHHH!!."

Layla heard the agonizing loud scream that was filled with pain. Her brows frown and she quickly ran to its direction,on reaching, she appallingly stopped.

In that heart-stopping moment, she witnessed a horrifying sight. Her eyes widened as she saw Hakeem, driven by malice, plunged a knife into her beloved husband's chest. Shock and adrenaline surged through her veins, overriding all rational thought. Without hesitation, she instinctively raised the gun clenched tightly in her trembling hand. Her finger tightened around the trigger as she unleashed a barrage of shots, relentless in her pursuit of saving her husband.