Lonely Love.

As all the dust finally settled and the smoke cleared, everywhere became clear. Layla laid beside Azeem's body dejected , bloodied and broken, on the cold pavement. Though she knew that he's no more she tightly held his dead body to her not letting go as silent tears kept sliding down her face.

Faint sound of the sirens wailed in the distance, she slightly raised her head and saw the ambulance getting into the compound.

But when the ambulance finally pulled up to her doorstep, it was too late. Azeem had already taken his last breath, leaving Layla consumed by a mix of grief and anger.

She stood up as she carefully adjusted Azeem's body,picking his gun in the process.

As the paramedics stepped out of the vehicle, their faces etched with sympathy, Layla's fury erupted like a volcano. She couldn't contain the torrent of emotions that surged through her. "Where were you?!" she screamed, her voice raw with pain and rage. "He needed you, and you failed him!"

Tears streamed down Layla's face as she confronted the paramedics, her words laced with bitterness and anguish. She couldn't fathom how the very people she had hoped to save her husband's life,entrusting them with her his life had arrived too late, leaving her alone to witness his final moments. The weight of her loss intensified her anger, fueling her words and actions. Taking out any bit of rationality out of her head that she forgot about destiny or fate,even if not today Azeem was bound to die one day as Allah destined.

It's completely understandable to be angry and frustrated when something like that happens. Grief can be overwhelming, and it's natural to search for answers or someone to blame. But sometimes, in situations like this, it's important to remember that there are factors beyond anyone's control. The paramedics did their best to respond as quickly as they could, but unfortunately, it wasn't enough to save Azeem. It's a heartbreaking reality, but blaming them won't change what happened.

The paramedics, taken aback by Layla's outburst, tried their best to explain the circumstances that led to the delay.

"Ma'am, we're so sorry for your loss. We did our best to get here as quickly as possible, but sometimes circumstances beyond our control delay our response time."

They offered their condolences, recognizing the magnitude of her loss. But Layla's grief had transformed into a furious storm, and their words fell on deaf ears.

"Your best wasn't good enough! My husband was dying, and you let him slip away! How am I supposed to accept that? How am I supposed to react?"

Another paramedic tried to reason"We understand your anger, Ma'am. Losing a loved one is devastating, and we wish we could have made a difference. Please know that we're here to support you in any way we can."

Layla's anger continued to burn, her grief intertwining with her frustration. The paramedics stood there, offering their condolences and trying their best to provide comfort. But in that moment, Layla couldn't find solace in their words. She needed time to process her emotions, to come to terms with the loss that had shattered her world.

It was at that moment she saw some of them taking steps toward Azeem's body and she quickly ran to block them.
"Where the hell do you think you're going?"

"Ma'am we-

"Stay away from him!, don't touch him. Don't touch my husband." She roared the veins at the edge of her eye balls getting insanely red.

A woman took a small step forward to Layla as she said in a soothing voice.
"Ma'am calm down.Please,"
we're only going to examine him"

"Examine him?" Layla angrily scoffed
"You're not here when he's dying and now you're demanding for a fucking examination."