Last straw!

Azeem's movements halted,he later commanded.

"Add guards here and the other house too."

"Okay master." With that Alfred walked out.

Azeem sighed as he raised to his feet.
"We will be going Maama."

"Okay." Nabeela said giving him a questioning look. Azeem nodded seeing her signal.

He then turned to Layla.
"The car is ready layla. Wait for me outside."
Layla hugged Nabeela to say.
"Goodbye Maama. I shall see you again insha Allah."
Nabeela hugged back.
"Me too. Allah Hafiz." Layla smiled before she released her. She picked her bag and left the living room.

Azeem walked and sat where Layla sat earlier.

"What is going on Azeem?" She concernedly asked.

"Hakeem." He said casting his eyes down.

"Hakeem?"she emphasized surprisingly.

"He has been very quiet for years now. What do he want?"

"To destroy me, and my family. He nearly killed Layla that day."

"What?" Her eyes widen.

"everything has been cleared out. He is suddenly wanting the port Mafia. And Maama i can step down for him but..

"He will be just like father,he will destroy it,bring back cruelty,human trafficking,rape,prostitution,child exploitation ,drug smuggling and dealing. He will bring them back all. I have eradicated them but Hakeem will go for profit rather humanity."

"I also believe i am crazy and not a saint but I have done much better and I can do more right?"

"You've done much right and you can do much better Azeem. Believe me you're not them,you're nothing like them,nothing close."

She held his hands into hers.
"I love you and you will always be better to me." She kissed his forehead and hugged him close.

"Maama stay at home and don't go out. Anything will be provided to you. I have recruited more guards to the house and..

"I will be fine Azeem. Stop worrying."

He heaved a sigh and hugged her more.
"Inform Layla." She said and he nodded.

|||~

The next morning Layla woke up early,she had no morning lectures but the routine was rather addictive. Drinking a cup of water to refreshed herself she walked out of her room to have a walk around the house.

The house was rather big and she didn't get time to tour it all. Swingingly and delightfully Layla roamed around the house as there were no moving maids. The house seemed rather peaceful and quiet.

Her feet took her to certain areas where she saw the cinema. After checking it out and deciding on coming back another time she walked out. She was about to leave the area when she saw a large door opposite her and was left ajar. Peeking inside she caught sight of Azeem.

Layla almost drooled seeing how his taut muscles compressed and flexed as he raised the dumbbells. Feeling being watched for quite some time now he glanced towards the door that was ajar and there stood his wife in her pajamas and morning hair.

"I was not looking at you." She hurriedly blurted it out when she felt that he caught her staring at him.

"You've already confessed wifey."

He kept the dumbbells to the side before he stood up.
"I was just scouting the place and you happened to be here."

"And then you couldn't help looking or i will rather say staring. Right?"