Like the stars miss the sun

Layla stared outside the car window. Counting the passing cars out of boredom. Huffing a sigh she placed her chin on her open palm. She could feel certain coppery brown eyes on her but decided to play dead.

Azeem's curious eyes were still on Layla since when they entered the car. All that made him to look away was when he blinked. His eyes were following and observing her every movement fluidly.
"He's so shameless,so shameless." She kept saying in her head.

It was less than an hour driver when they arrived at their destination. Raising her head Layla saw a big and tremendous mansion before her. It was different from the one she visited last time.

Getting inside the gate. The butler of the mansion Alex came to welcome his master, Alfred after opening his master's door quickly jogged to open Layla's but she was already out.

"This is our new home. My dear wife."
Not answering him Layla adjusted the straps of the bag on her shoulder and turned her head sideways. Azeem simply smiled at her behavior and led the way inside the mansion. Layla looked to left and right of the mansion but all she could see were guards all over around getting no alternative she quickly followed Azeem inside.

"We are going to live here for sometime before you meet my mother and that's when we make some progress." His voice came to her hearing as she was busy staring at the paintings hung on the walls to look at him.

"We're never going to make any progress." She uttered and sternly looked over to him.

"Well,time will decide that. Let's focus on making the future bright." Azeem remarked with his usual smile,turning to look at his side and the maid who was walking by the side hurriedly came to stand.

"Yes master." She bowed as she greeted.

"Take her to her room." He ordered without looking to the maid

"If you need me, I will be in my room. It is two corridors away from yours ," Azeem said, watching Layla look at the extra large painting that hung on the wall. When he heard no response from her

"Or do you prefer to stay in my room. I wouldn't mind sharing my bed with you."

Shooting a glare towards him because of his shameless words Layla silently followed the maid.

Getting inside the room,the maid closed the door and silently left. Layla's eyes scanned the big room,no!the biggest bedroom she had ever seen. Her mouth hung opened as she kept looking around. Her gaze fell to her small and shady luggage by the side.

She slowly smiled and walked towards the bed,keeping her bag she huffed a sigh before she sat on the fluffy mattress.

"Though this is the luxury I dreamed about but never wanted it this way." She mumbled to herself and fell to the bed.

"Azeem will never have my heart. How can I get out of this situation?" She questioned getting up to drag her tired body to her worn out box. She brought her towel and nighties.

She walked to the bathroom,getting inside her lips dropped to the ground.

"Oh.." all she could say and she dazedly dropped her towel to the side,forgetting about it already.

"Lemme enjoy this when I still can." She mumbled softly as she dipped her body into the bathtub filled with hot water.

She soaked her tired frame in the bathtub to free herself from the numbness she felt. The foggy steam of the hot water filled the bathroom.

    Her mind felt to be clearer now. As she sighed and looked up to the bathroom ceiling,she felt waves of certain emotion crashing over her. How was it that she only realized this now? That she's actually got herself into danger.