Shattered Dreams.

Not edited!
||~~

Hakeem who was out of the house fish his phone out of his pocket to dial a number.
"Meet me."

"What do you want?" Azeem asked as soon as he picked up the call.

"To have a conversation.Though perhaps you're right to doubt my intentions.let's discuss our family quarrels."
Hakeem replied
"I believe we're long overdue."

But Azeem was not concerned about that all that he wanted was to have his wife back.

"Where is my wife.?"

"Come to the address I will send you and you shall have your wife back." With that he cut off the call.

It didn't take an hour when Azeem reached the house. As soon as he got into the living all that he asked for was Layla.

"Where's Layla.!"

"Relax, she's there having a very long nap. Maybe she'll wake up or not.
I don't know."

Hakeem relaxed more into his seat.
"Oh how about we bet on it."

"Slight change of plans, brother." Azeem quickly brought out his gun and pointed it to Hakeem.
"I no longer have to treat you like anything
But the treacherous liar you truly are.
Where is she?"

"What the bloody hell? If you kill you won't know where your wife is."

Weighing Hakeem's words Azeem dropped his hand that had the gun down and suspiciously narrowed his eyes at him.

"What have I done lately other than cooperate?I bowed down to you,brother... ...to make up for being a terrible brother. I haven't caused trouble since your reign till when I killed your mother. Now I make no excuses for past sins,

" I know Hakeem. Don't think that I can't kill you just right now but like I once promised you. A painless death is a blessing."

He slipped his hands into his pockets with a look of boredom passing across his face.
"I will give you two things first .A humiliation worse than death, and a slow death, where you'll experience it every step of the way.

"And i am already at it.don't you think?" The look on Hakeem's face hardened, remembering his recent loss.

"I see. Bur let's for once be the brothers we were supposed to be. Have a seat"

Azeem found a seat without letting his guard down.

"How's the position of the Mafia has been treating you so far.?"
Hakeem's question came and Azeem emotionless replied.

"I never wanted to be the Mafia king Hakeem."

"You hypocrite." He accused with a snotty tone.
"Then why didn't you hand it over to me. Why did you not rejected it since from the start."

"Your intentions were never pure." Azeem nonchalantly replied back

"Hhhhh" Hakeem gave him a very dry and vacant laugh

"I doubted yours also. I know i will always go for the profit no matter how filthy the business might be. Be it prostitution, human trafficking, drug dealing. I don't fucking care."

He pointed towards Azeem who was sitting opposite him.
"But you Azeem. You call yourself pious but you're never close to it. Tell me what is more filthy than killing. You've killed countless innocent people and here you're comfortably taking yourself as a mighty pious king that will balance the two worlds. Oh God!!save me this hypocrisy!"

"I am no saint. And the only thing that is stopping me from pulling out your innards right now,is my wife."

Azeem himself could taste the bitterness of his own threat and Hakeem didn't fail to catch it too. So he diverted the talk.