Blackout Days.

The thread that held Layla's sanity and her about to go mad was rather very flimsy.

Layla's world was cast into darkness the day her husband passed away. The weight of her grief settled upon her shoulders, threatening to suffocate her spirit. Every day became a battle against the waves of sadness that crashed over her, threatening to pull her under.

"You can talk to me Madam. Don't bottle your emotions up. Please. You can appear strong to Inaya and Imad but you have to act vulnerable sometimes and let it out."

Layla sat across from Cynthia , her eyes filled with sadness and her voice trembling with emotion. She took a deep breath and mustered the strength to share her pain.

"Losing him, Cynthia ... it feels like my heart has been shattered into a million pieces," Layla whispered, her voice barely audible. "Every day, I wake up and the weight of his absence hits me all over again. It's like a never-ending ache that consumes me."

Cynthia reached out, placing a comforting hand on Layla's. "Oh, Madam, I can't even begin to understand the depth of your pain. Master was such a wonderful person, and the love you shared was truly special."

Tears welled up in Layla's eyes as she nodded, her voice choked with grief. "He was my everything,. We had dreams, plans for the future... and now he's gone. I feel so lost, so empty without him. it's like i close my eyes when i see our meeting for the first time and i remember every word he said to me, i remember every expression on his face a-nd then....a-nd t-hen i opened my eyes and it's like did i like just dream our entire relationship up?did i dream him up?. I don't even remember the last thing i said to him"

Cynthia squeezed her hand, offering a silent gesture of support. "It's okay to feel that way, Madam . Grief is a complex and individual journey. There's no right or wrong way to navigate through it."

Layla wiped away her tears, her voice filled with a mix of sadness and longing. "I just wish I could have one more conversation with him, one more chance to tell him how much I love him. The pain is unbearable.it feels like my world is about to shut down"

Cynthia nodded, her own eyes brimming with tears. "I know, Madam. But remember, his love still lives on within you. You carry his memory, his spirit, and the love you shared in your heart. He will always be a part of you."

Layla took a deep breath, finding solace in Cynthia's words. "Thank you, Cynthia . Your support means the world to me. It's comforting to know that I have someone like you by my side during this difficult time."

Cynthia smiled softly, her voice filled with warmth. "I will always be here for you, Madam. I know you're very religious.Lean on your Lord always, you will find strength in the midst of this darkness."

"Insha Allah." Layla muttered with a weak smile and then Cynthia gave her a hug before she stood up to prepare dinner for the family of three.

||~

After her talk with Cynthia Layla poured her heart into being the best mother she could be, despite the heaviness that clung to her soul. She embraced her role as a source of strength and stability for her children, determined to shield them from the darkness that threatened to consume her.

Days turned into weeks, and Layla's journey through grief became a delicate dance between sorrow and resilience.. Some days, the weight of her loss threatened to overwhelm her, but the love and support of her children kept her afloat.

She sought solace in the memories of her husband, cherishing the moments they had shared as a family. Through tear-stained photographs and whispered conversations, she kept his spirit alive in the hearts of their children.