Fiery!

After getting dressed,Layla spent certain hours in her room. Tending to herself,to her heart. She even had her dinner in her room. But at last she decided to not go against her resolve. She should act as normal as usual,if not Azeem might catch up on something wrong with her heart or that she started to get affected by him.

She decided to be out of the room and face her own battles. She picked up her books and walked downstairs to the large living room where she saw Azeem seated,attending to some paperwork.

"Help me with my assignments" she declared,plopping herself onto the couch beside him.

"I am not a psychology person so I can't be of much help"
His focus was still on the paper he was working on.

"Ahh since we are at it. What did you even major at?" She kept her books aside and rested her jaw on her palm as she observed him.

Whoever said men are not sexy when they are so concentrated is a bad liar.
Oh lord just look how his muscular hands fluidly work.

Ya Allah this is so hot?so hot,that i am cooking up.

"Do you really want to know?"
He asked and that brought her out of frenzy mode.
"Oh"she bubbled her head yes.

"Killing" he slowly whispered into her ears

She pursed her lips and glared at him
"I am been serious here."

He briefly looked into her eyes before he confessed
"Medicine."

"Did you get to practice or specialized?" She much eagerly asked wanting to know more about his childhood from himself.

"No,my father never wanted. He wanted me to be a lawyer one to depend his illegal activities "

"And you compline with that? I mean not pursuing your dreams "

He kept the paper in his hand to the table.
"It was a wish of him that I can only grant."

She sadly observed the myriad of emotions that tend to pass through his eyes.
"Do you miss him?" She asked craning her neck to view his face fully.

"I don't know." He uttered with an iota of doubt. His father was not a good person but he's still his father.

"What's your project all about"he asked trying to change the topic but not knowing he was leading back to it.

Debating slightly she said
"Bipolar Disorder."

"Bipolar Disorder." He mumbled recalling what his mother had once told him.

"Is it inherited?". Layla could sense the struggles in his words

"No—
"Not all the time." She completed her words and the glint of relief could be detected in his pupils.

Layla's brain booted and she decided to change the conversation.
"What do you think about books. Reading books.?"

"Books are escape from reality." He declared and that didn't seat well with Layla.

"Who told you that?" She gave him a playful glare and he nonchalantly shrugged
"Okay let me tell you all about books.
Books are what makes up reality."

"How?" He challenged,liking the idea.

"To me, reading is a great way to learn something about life . Wandering to a different world just by opening up a chapter and reading from sentence to sentence, I get to decide the pace.."

She raised her brows as if to confirm if he's following what she's saying and he nodded his head,so she continued.

"By reading, you live someone else's story. It helps you reflect, be involved in things you wouldn't otherwise be involved in, and gain new insights."