Warning.

"There's a big problem."

"What happened?" Azeem asked, his hands slipping away from Layla's grasp.

"The Mafia world has been exposed to the outside world" Alfred shared the information he gathered

Azeem turned his attention back to Layla,slowly without a say he craned his neck and gingerly kissed his wife's forehead.

"I will be absent for days. Okay.?" She hesitantly nodded her.

"How?" He questioned hastily making his way out and Alfred followed behind him with hurried steps.

That moment he let go of her hands she felt the warmth of his hand evaporated into thin air. 'Why does it suddenly feel cold?'she thought.

Layla had started to get used of his presence and now she gets no right to stop him from his mafia duties. She effortlessly stood there as she watched him,till his silhouette faded away from the dimly light room.

"Things are going bad. Master" Alfred shared opening the door to the car for his master before he also found his seat at the driver's seat.

Azeem brought out his tablet to check the news.
"Fill me in." He said his eyes scanning the news headlines and all he can see was about the port Mafia king.

"Hakeem blackmailed two of our most trusted men and he's now in possession of our highly classified information." Azeem kept quiet.
Alfred ignited the car and zoomed out of the mansion at full speed.

Alfred then added his own thoughts
"We might see it as a small weakness or threat before it reaches the President,public sector and our business officials"

"His empire is growing faster and in more or less time he will gather much forces"

Azeem pinched the space between his brows to finally say after so much analysis.
"Call Hakeem"

Alfred answered before he brought out a phone to dial certain codes and passed it to Azeem.

"What do you fucking want?" Azeem asked with so much frustration as soon as the line went through.

"Ahhh,finally I got your full attention."

Azeem's grip on the phone tightened and the veins of his knuckles became more visible.
"Cut this crap. Hakeem. Why are you doing this? What do you want.?"

Hakeem laughed with so much amusement.
"Give up the base!"

"No." Azeem rejected right away.
"You will destroy the Mafia and introduce many super illegals"

"Of course they bring more profit. Azeem you're a weakling puppet,an incompetent leader that knows nothing about what the real underworld is and entails "

Azeem then tried to reasoned with him.
"I will not do that. Hakeem. Don't expose the underworld out. If not both of us will not like the outcome."

Hakeem annoyingly clicked his tongue.
"The deed has already been done. You have no idea what I am capable of, and I assure you that you will not like it. I suggest you not to underestimate me. The second you do, you'll regret it for the last seconds you have left to live."

He then breathed out
"If you don't want that to escalate then step down from the Mafia king position."

"I'm not going to do that."

"Then don't blame me for whatever happens next." And the line went dead.

Azeem brought down the phone that was on his right down. He gritted his teeth with so much pain. He knew that Hakeem was never going to give up but he didn't know that to get what he wants,he's willing to destroy them all this way. After calming himself down he said to Alfred.

"Set a meeting with the ministers that are on our side and our other officials right now"

"Yes Master." Alfred took a u-turn to the base,he briefly looked at the road before he picked up his phone to the make calls.

They reached the base,before Azeem walk into the meeting room he turned to Alfred.

"Ask Colt to be here at the base."

"Yes Master." Alfred bowed and walked away mumbling slowly.
"That piece of crap Colt is always slacking off In his duties. Why do master even needs him?" Any way he brought out his phone to call him.

Inside the meeting sat five ministers,three high ranking officials, two most prominent businessmen.

"There's a force coming for all of us. And we will all not like the outcome. The barbaric way of ruling is trying to be back."

Azeem started to talk and all their attention gathered to him.

"The line that balance the two sides of the world will snap and hell will break loose to the civilians. The underworld and the world coexist for centuries now,though with so much mishaps along the way but.." he paused

"Hakeem is different. Brutal. He's not the one that is caught up in the storm,he makes the move and starts the waves. He's like a canon,when it is sparked,it flares off no matter what. He starts the fire but not to be burn in it. They say only the dead have seen the end of war, believe me Hakeem is a zombie that stays up till the start of a new war no matter what"

"They say when a super volcano, that had been sleeping for too long, erupts for the very first time, the eruption will be colossal... unstoppable, merciless, and even if it destroys itself in the process, it wouldn't care!"

"I know Hakeem. I clearly know what he is ever capable of. And he's capable of anything. I repeat,anything that will lead him to victory."

A minister who was checking his phone suddenly said.
"Check the tv." The man that was close to the remote control on the television. And the news channel came to sight with the minister of defense announcing to a reporter.

"Our country is under attack by a mafia king. He's been monitoring, expanding his business with our lives. He generates money with our lives by taking our women into prostitution,trafficking our children and selling illicit drugs to our youths."

"Son of a bitch.! He betrayed us." One of the men flared.!

"What is this mafia?. Is it operating under one person?" The report asked and the man nodded his head no.

"No.The Mafia is a group of people operating underworld,causing damage to our society and economy. We have to fight,we have to eradicate this hindrance that's trying to extinct humanity. We expect Mr president and his administration to take action against this port Mafia King. And In failure to do so we shall risk our lives to seek justice and secure our future."

Azeem picked up the remote control and off the tv. He froze.His coppery brown irises stared at the space ahead of him unblinkingly. The words which the minister of defense spoke rang in his ear as if it bled him.

He trembled, unable to comprehend his emotions. There were two very distinct feelings riling within him.

One was anger over the fact that he failed as a leader. He failed to protect the underworld.

And one was fear about imagining what would happen now that everything was exposed and laid out to the outside world.

"Hakeem is trying to destroy our mafia. And when everything goes according to his plan. He will later then emerge with his new empire in the underworld."
One of the businessmen shared his thoughts and all the rest agreed with him.

"Yes. Mr. Gad you have to do something."

Things have started to go downhill. The underworld is going haywire. Fire on the mountain❗️❗️.
SalamuAlaikum. Hi. So Hakeem finally made his moves, What will Azeem's moves be? Will it be a checkmate at the beginning for him or he got some secret moves.

Okay follow me to find out in the next chapter. As things began to unfold.
Don't forget to vote😘✨bye.