Heart To Heart.

|||~

Layla couldn't sleep the whole night,she stayed wide awake like a night owl. The atmosphere seemed dull to her,she couldn't eat anything. All she could feel was bitterness in her chest.

Her mind kept thinking of the possible way out of the situation she's in. But all her mind could think was one thing,that one thing that Azeem warned her about.

When the clock ticked sunrise,she weakly pushed herself up out of the bed to slowly dragged herself to the bathroom. After cleaning herself she got out where she found a maid with an envelope in her hand.

"Madam,the family doctor sent this." Layla collected the envelope from her and the maid walked out. She walked to bed and sat by the edge to open the envelope.

A tear escaped her eye as Layla stared at the report the family doctor sent in a daze. Her hands were trembling as she held the papers, and she read it over and over again until the words finally sunk in.

In a trance,she uttered out.

'It is true.I...I am pregnant.'

Then she stopped. Just saying that one sentence felt as if it sapped all the strength from her.

A few minutes later,she clenched her hair in desperation.

Yesterday , She learned that she's pregnant. And once again, she ask herself the same question. I...Isn't it supposed to be good news? She's carrying Azeem's child. He's her husband and the man she cared for and who she hold so dear to her heart. Shouldn't she be happy?'but everything was messed up.

She clutched the paper and began sobbing. From her eyes, the tears fell onto the page.

'But why? Why does it feel so suffocating? Why am I thinking of not wanting this child? This child would make our marriage complete, wouldn't it?'

Complete...

Ah...in the eyes of the world, the marriage would indeed look complete, isn't it?

A look of desolation passed her teary eyes. She knew why she was having second thoughts about her child. She would have been so happy with her pregnancy if everything hadn't messed up last months and that night.

"Azeem you've ruined everything,"he ruined everything about her,that changed everything for her.

The fateful night that broke apart everything in her.
"Why? Why would you do that? We could have our child the normal way but why? Life was never normal with you. I know I've said hurtful things to you but why would destroy me like this. I know,i should have heard your reason for killing Aysha. But I don't deserve this. I totally don't deserve this!"

Layla continued to voice out her frustration.
"I know so well that what happened is not this child's fault. I am so wrong in even thinking about this. He has got nothing to do with it. But still, it's so hard. I cannot get it out of my mind. I am trying. I try. ...' Layla softly gasped, "I pretend to act as if nothing happened. But, I just cannot forget it...i.."

She...stopped again. She didn't have the courage to think about that night as she was drugged,despite that everything came crashing into her head when she learned that she's pregnant. What happened that night became so clear.

Not again.

She had already poured all of her feelings last night itself when her life changed forever. She had let out every single emotion that she once had and all those that got killed in just one fell swoop.

Now, her heart was as blank as a blank canvas without a strap of a paint on it.

Layla smiled with a grimace.