DND

Steve pressed on several times to know what Eddie told me. I told him it was nothing of importance and he finally dropped it after probably the tenth time.

We stuck around a little longer until all three of us agreed that we didn't want to be there any longer.

Thankfully Robin was prepared for such a thing and had candy in the bag she brought with her. So we parked a bit away from the house and just stayed in Steve's car talking for a while and eating candy.

This probably made this birthday one of the more tolerable ones.

The weekend passed. Although it didn't exactly feel quick.

When I got home on Halloween it wasn't the best moment for me. I moved passed it though and thankfully my mom works, for the most part, this weekend.
Zach wanted to take me out to cheer me up and also as a birthday celebration. So we went out to eat and watched a movie.

It was nice, especially since Zach is always busy.

I'm in my last class now though waiting for the bell to ring so I can leave.

Once it hit, everyone rushed out and I took my time so I wouldn't be shoved against a bunch of people like everyone else does trying to get out of the school.

I was the last one to walk out as the teacher smiled at me.

I headed for the restroom and as I round the corner walking towards it I hear what sounded like sighs and grunting.

I walked over carefully to the sound coming from a classroom with the door opened slightly.

When I peered in a bit I could see Eddie at a table with a bunch of papers sprawled out looking frustrated. The classroom seems empty besides him.

I didn't want to bother him so I tried to back up but accidentally pushed the door a bit and it made an annoying creek noise.

I hear him sigh.

"Yes?" He says out loud frustrated.

I bite my tongue wondering if I should just run away.

He stands up abruptly. Turning and looking very much annoyed until he sees me.

It's like his anger faded completely.

"Mary.."

I push the door open slowly and wave at him cautiously with an apologetic smile.

"Hey..sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt."

"No. My bad I'm just.." he goes scratching his head looking back at his table trying to continue.
"I'm just working on a campaign."

"Campaign?" I ask walking further in slowly to test the waters.

"Please," he says waving at a seat for me to sit.

I smile at him and sit at the end of the seat and he doesn't go back to his seat but rather sits next to me.

His face falls a bit.

"What?" I ask.

"You're lip," he says reaching to touch it before pulling away quickly.

Shit.

"Oh-must've been from falling on my skateboard."

"You skate?" He asks skeptically.

"Yeah...a bit."

He looks at me unsure before looking away and continuing.

"Uh well the campaign, it's for this club I run," he says nodding along looking at me intensely like he's waiting to see my response.