A curse

A/N : Soooo I decided to post another and this chapter is pretty long 🫢
Enjoy it.

Have a great afternoon! <3

**

I gave them the direction to the place and it took a while to get there because Steve kept getting lost but we got there right as the sun went down.

I was anxious the whole time. Partially because I haven't talked to Eddie, like really talked to him in a while and now this horrible thing happened and he's stuck in the middle of it.

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

We got there and Steve parked the car out front. Mostly everyone but me had flashlights that they were shining into the house as we got to the door.

Dustin rings the doorbell and there's silence...for a second until he rang it again.

Then over and over impatiently.

"Okay.. Well, that's settled. Guess he's not here," Steve says.

Dustin starts banging on the door.

"Eddie! It's Dustin!"

"Great," Steve says annoyed.

I'm not completely annoyed at Dustin. I just want to find him and if that means banging on Rick's front door then so be it.

Rick will understand.

"Look we just want to talk, okay? No cops, I swear. We just wanna help!" Dustin explains before pounding on the door again and calling out to him.

I sigh and start walking backward and looking around the house.

"Reefer Rick!" I hear Dustin shout as I walk away.

"Don't say that," Steve snaps at him.

I look around and feel Max next to me as we spot a building out back or.. a shed?

"Hey, guys!" Max calls out.

They come up to us and look at what we see.

"Any chance he's in there?" Max asks.

I sigh and tilt my head before walking straight ahead to it.

"Hey-Hey," Steve says catching up and getting in front of me. "I'm going first. If anything happens I'm the one responsible," he says a bit irritated.

"Why?" I question confused.

"Because I'm the oldest," he fired back.

I just sigh and wave my hand at him so he can get a move on.

He opens the door and I'm right next to him with Robin behind me.

"Hello? Is anyone home," She asks.

We start walking in slowly and notice all the random stuff scattered everywhere. I look at how dirty it is. No way he's here.

"What a dump," Steve goes reading my mind.

We keep looking around and I turn to see Steve pick up an oar to the little boat in the middle of the room.

I turn to look at the dirty window and hear a loud crumpling sound.

I turn to witness Steve poking the boat harshly with the oar.

"What are you doing?" Both Dustin and I question.

He keeps doing it before answering.

"He might be in here," he responds.

I sigh and watch him do it several times.