The fight

We showed up and it was pretty packed.

Normally I would be scared shitless of this many people. Especially after last time but I have Eddie this time and I know he wouldn't leave my side. Mainly because he doesn't like most of the people here so he wouldn't have anywhere to run off to.

We walked in and I was clutching his hand.

It was really weird walking in this time, as opposed to last time. Last time I barely had anyone look at me. They all looked at Steve and ignored me. Now I felt like I had all types of eyes on me.

Both of us.

"Didn't realize you were famous," he whispers in my ear.

I turn and go up to his ear.

"Did you forget?" I pull away and he looks lost. "We're the freaks," I say louder and he just smiles at that.

"They're looking at both of us," I say as we walk further in.

"No they're all looking at you, sweetheart," he says closer to me.

I just shake my head and grab his hand.

"Let's get a drink," I tell him with a smile.

He returns it as he lets me pull him along to the kitchen.

The house was huge. The last party wasn't here. The house was much smaller but Josie's is huge. I didn't expect it.

As we head to the kitchen I noticed the jock Jason and Chrissy Cunningham talking with what looked like all the other jocks and a couple of girls.

I didn't miss the dirty looks they gave Eddie. Especially Jason.

He has never been particularly cruel to me but he's an ass when it comes to talking about Eddie. One of the main people who started calling him a freak in the first place and for that I don't find myself trying to talk to him or be nice in any remark.

Eddie sees him but doesn't indulge in his looks. He smirks looking away back at me and tugging me farther along until we get to the kitchen.

Thankfully Josie was in there with her friends I'm assuming.

"Hey! You guys made it," she says with a smile and then looks at Eddie seeming very taken back. "Wow, didn't think you could clean up. Also, I thought you wouldn't come," she says with narrowed eyes.

"Yeah, well...you're not the worst person to throw a party," he states looking around and trying his best to smile while clearly cringing.

She chuckles and shakes her head.

"Well, here you guys go. Enjoy the party," she goes handing us a cup of something.

"What's in this?" I ask and she just smirks and walks off.

Okay.

"Well..cheers," I say holding it up.

He puts the cup down though.

"You're not gonna drink?" I ask.

He tilts his head looking at me amused like he could laugh.

"Hey," he says poking my forehead a bit harshly. "Butthead. I'm driving."

Oh. Right.

"One of us has to be sober and I've never seen you drive so I'm not leaving that up to you."

I just sigh.

"Fine, but you might have to take care of me."

"Fine with me," he says, shrugging with a little smirk.