Sweet

He pulls up to this large baseball field.

"Come on," he says grabbing the bag of food and taking the keys out of the ignition before getting out.

I follow swiftly behind.

We walk up to it and the gates are closed and chained up.

"Well, I don't know what your plan was but looks like we can't get in," I say.

He looks at the gate and me. Giving me a devilish smile.

The gate has these open little gaps and he pulls the food through and sets the bag on the ground.

Oh god.

He doesn't hesitate as he climbs the gate quickly. Once he's over it he jumps down.

"See, easy," he says dusting his clothes off. "Come on."

"You're kidding?"

"Nope. You're not gonna leave me in here are you?" He asks raising his brows quickly and playfully.

"God," I go walking up to the gate. "You can be a serious pain Eddie Munson," I tell him as he smiles.

I climb up with a bit of a struggle at first which was just great.

"Did I tell you my last name?"

"Nope," I go before jumping down.

I nearly fall over and I feel him hold onto my waist making sure I didn't.

It's awkwardly quiet for a moment before I clear my throat.

"I asked around," I said patting his chest as I stood up straight. "Thanks by the way," I say walking forward.

He seems a bit flustered as he just nods and it makes me smile.

"So why are we here?" I ask walking far into the field and looking around at the giant place.

I wait for him to answer as he walks up to me.

He smiles at me and looks around.

"During summer there were people all over here selling food like an outside market and I remember when I was younger and I came, there was a hot dog eating contest right over there," he goes pointing to the far right.

I didn't say anything. I just let him go on since he doesn't really talk about himself at all when it comes to his childhood or home life. Then again, I don't either.

"Come on," he says walking away.

*

We ended up walking to the very top of the bleachers. It looked a bit scary being way up here. If I fall, some way somehow, I'm dead.

He started eating the rest of his burger.

"Is that not cold now?" I ask as he takes a bite.

He eats like his food is going to run away. Stuffing his face and chewing aggressively.
It's pretty funny to witness.

"It's not cold but it's not warm. I don't really care honestly," he goes explaining with a bit of food in his mouth. "Food is food and I'll eat it regardless," he says after finishing chewing.

"Mm. Well did you just bring me here to...what?"

He looks at me and puts his burger down next to him on the bag.

"As a kid..let's just say sometimes I went without eating. So I kinda know how important it is," he says waving his hands explaining and finishing the bit of food in his mouth.