Eat

When I got home that night it was quiet and I successfully went through without being caught.

Sleeping after the way he acted was hard though.

I wondered over and over if I made a mistake. If I said something I shouldn't have. If I should've gone at all. If I misread the way he's been acting with me.

Until I evidently fell asleep.

Sunday went slowly but surely. I just stayed home and cleaned the house.

Monday also came and went.

I saw Eddie during lunch but he wouldn't look at me and if he did he would look away quickly.

I did start work for the first time this Wednesday and it was nice. Probably would've been nicer if there wasn't much tension between me and Steve.

It fizzled after a while though.

We started talking about our favorite movies. Judging one another on their taste and rating movies we both knew as to whether they should even be in this store and able to rent.

I did leave earlier than Steve though since I am part-time and he's full-time.

Going home was nice since my mother wasn't home yet.

It was a nice moment to eat in peace for a bit before she drove up.

"Hey mom," I say eating.

"What's that?" She asks as I finish my last bite.

"Spaghetti. I made some yesterday if you want some," I go heading to pour myself a bit more.

"Not if you're going to eat all of it," she says with a cringed expression.

I look at my hands as I'm about to grab more and drop the fork back into the container.

"If you're going to eat some more then go ahead," she says removing her sweater. "I'm just saying.." she continues now looking at me again.
"It's pretty late, I don't know why you chose to eat now."

I look at the time on the clock over the sink on the wall.

"It's ten."

"Exactly. Then you grab seconds-I mean don't you want to look nice?" She asks. "Eating this late won't do your body any good."

I sigh, just leaving the spaghetti in the container after taking the fork out and closing it up.

"I haven't really eaten so that's why I was getting more," I say calmly.

"Why haven't you eaten?"  She asks.

I look at her growing impatient.

"I was tutoring."

"Tutoring? When did you tell me you were going to tutor?" She asks. Her expression confused.

I'm growing very much irritated.

"I told you last week and you said it was fine. Then I told you Friday that I would have to stay longer some days and you were fine with it," I explain even though it seems like she's not even listening.

"Well, I don't remember," is all she says letting her hair down seeming like she doesn't care.

I drop my fork in the sink making her snap her head towards me.

"I'm going to my room," I say and she doesn't say anything.

She's probably too tired to argue right now. That's why she's not even listening to a word I'm saying. I wouldn't be surprised if she asks me the same thing next week. Hell-or even tomorrow.