I know him

It was getting late and we hadn't heard them leave. Just the sounds of what seems like them tearing the place down, trying to find him desperately.

Every time I hear a loud crash or something I flinch a bit and he squeezes my hand.

Truth be told, I've been so nervous the past thirty minutes they've been here. Just trying to keep my mind off of what'll happen if they find us.

Jason wouldn't hurt me. I don't think... but he would hurt Eddie. There's too many of them and I'm afraid of what they'll do to him.

I wouldn't be able to stop them and they have a one-up. They came with weapons.

Eddie finally stands up quickly and goes over to the window with the walkie in his hand. He looks outside and sighs before pressing the button yet again.

"Dustin, please..are you there?" He asks again desperately.

We both wait and I catch him just staring at the boat for a second. His eyes flicker to me before he responds quickly.

"Never mind," he goes putting it down.

"Never mind?!" I whisper shout.

He holds his hand up as if to tell me to wait and not freak out.

"Help me move the boat."

"Wha- are you crazy?"

"No, but they are," he says firmly turning and pointing to them like a madman.

I look at him and the boat unsure.

He sighs and walks up to me, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Look, they have weapons and..I don't think they're leaving anytime soon. I don't want anything to happen to you."

I cock my head and keep my gaze on his eyes.

"They're not gonna hurt me."

He just shakes his head.

"You don't know that."

"Ok..they're crazy but they're not that crazy. They just want-" I go blurting everything out before I stop myself.

He nods and let's go.

"They just want me," he says more quietly as he looks at the ground.

I sigh and look at the boat.

"Okay. Come on," I say rushing to the boat.

He stares at me as I start to undo the little clasps holding it in place.

He finally snaps out of it and helps me do it.

We eventually get the boat free and start to push it out through the back and into the river.

We do it slowly and he keeps looking back and making sure no one can hear us.

Eventually, we get the boat far enough out of the shed to where we can get on and start to paddle but I hear as they start moving around the house.

If we paddle and make noise they'll come after us. Or worse, they'll see where he's headed and come after him. Or send the cops. There are so many things that can happen.

"Come on," he tells me as he holds his hand out for me to climb in.

I look at him and then shake my head.

"You go."

"What?! No, come on," he says aggressively in a hushed tone.

"I'm gonna buy you some time."