Merry Late Christmas

The next day I went to school in a brighter mood for some reason. I felt like shit but after taking a day to myself, I feel a bit better. Yesterday gave me a day to recharge a bit.

Today had me feeling a bit confident and I felt like doing something risky. I wanted a change and so I did my very best to cut the front part of my hair into bangs.

It came out better than I thought. It looked pretty good honestly and that definitely brightened my mood up even more.

*

I went to see Eddie during lunch with his friends since I've been blowing him off so much. I feel like an ass.

I sat next to him and he looked a bit shocked.

I knew this was perfect because I can spend time with him and I don't have to worry about him questioning me about my arm because he would never do that in front of everyone here.

"Hey," he says with a crooked smile looking at my hair. "Did you do that?" He asks curiously.

I nod with a little smirk.

He's just staring now. I'm not sure if he likes it or not.

"I didn't think It came out that bad," I say with a chuckle sitting down next to him.

"N-No it looks good."

I turn to look at the guys and smile.

"Hey," they say to me before they all go back to talk amongst themselves.

"So..you weren't here yesterday,
you okay?"

I look at him confused and just smile.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just needed a day off you know," I say.

He chuckled and looked at me like I was quite frankly dumb.

"We just had Christmas vacation."

"Yeah well that wasn't enough," I say drawing my arm to grab my drink from my plate of food I'm not planning on eating.

He looks at it and watches me before speaking up again.

"Does your mom know you skipped school yesterday?" He asks.

I smirk as I drink my apple juice.

"Nope. It's fine though. What she doesn't know won't hurt her," I say but that doesn't seem to amuse him.

"Right."

Fred starts talking to Eddie which thankfully makes him focus on them. Of course, though he wasn't the only one who seemed worried. I caught Dustin staring and me looking concerned at times.

I wondered how much of us Eddie tells him. They are pretty close.

I also caught Gareth staring at me at times.

Maybe coming to sit with them was a mistake.

~

After lunch, he walks to me.

"Hey, I gotta get to class but can we talk? After school."

I smile and nod.

He looks at my plate of food I didn't eat. He doesn't say anything as he drags his eyes back to me quickly.

He gives me a quick peck.

"I'll see you later," he says with a smile as he starts to walk away.

I watch him and just as I'm about to head off to my class I feel an arm grab me softly.

"Hey, Mary," I hear as I turn around to see Gareth as he quickly lets go of my arm.

"Yeah?" I go crossing my arms.