The Freaks

Yesterday I went to work and told Steve about it and he was really happy for me. He was hyping me up which I was glad about because after the last time I saw him it wasn't the best moment for us.

I told him my idea and he was confused about it but said whatever it is, it will look amazing because I'm making it.

Now it's Wednesday and at lunchtime, I'm grabbing my food when I feel someone shove me a bit next to me in line.

"He-"

I was about to go off when I noticed it was Eddie next to me with a little smirk.

"Dick," I shove him.

He just chuckles as I move forward to grab my food.

After I grab my food I make my way to go outside but I feel an arm grab me.

I turn and Eddie's grabbing me.

I can feel eyes on us.

"Look at the freaks," I hear someone whisper.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Well, I- uh I wanted you to sit with me today."

I widen my eyes in shock and confusion.

"With you? And your friends? At the table? In front of a bunch of people," I say looking around and he grabs my chin to look at him in the face as he is closer now.

I hear more whispers all around.

"Don't worry about everyone else," he says and looks down at my neck.

His browns furrow a bit as he grabs the necklace around my neck.

"Is this mine?" He asks with a growing smile.

"Oh, yeah-you left it at-" I stop myself before saying anything else out loud.

"Nice. It looks good on you," he says with a big smile letting go of it.

"Come on," he says pulling me with him by the arm.

I couldn't help but look at everyone watching us.

I felt my heart hammering as I got close to his table with his friends. I've met them before but not in this setting.

"Boys...Mary here is going to join us. Hope that's not a problem," he says with a smile. Hand still on my arm.

I couldn't ignore the little smug smile on Dustin's face.

"Nope," they all say simultaneously.

"Good," he says.

He sits down at the seat at the far end of the table and looks at me and then Dustin, Mike and Lucas.

They quickly get up and scoot down giving me the seat next to him.

Wow, this is intense.

I sit down and at first It was very awkward and all I could focus on was Eddie's stupid smile as he just looks at me.

I start to pick at my food and remember Robin.

Damn. I'm gonna have to explain this and my whole thing with Eddie. That is if the school gossip doesn't get to her first.

"So.."

They all start to talk about the DND game that Eddie has been working on and plan how they are going to meet up and what time after school for the game.

"You should come," I hear someone say and I turn to Lucas who's offering.

"What?"

"The game," you should come," Mike goes nodding.