A Mural

I don't remember Eddie leaving since I fell asleep talking to him.

It was nice. Having him here. I fell asleep with him running his thumb on my skin. It was soothing and I never wanted him to leave.

When I woke up, it was morning and he was gone. There was a blanket on me and the window was closed.

I did look down at the bed and noticed a chain.

I grab it and there's a red guitar pick at the end of it.

It must've fallen off. It's those chains with bead-like balls and the end of it looks like it just unclamped.

I looked at it and wondered where to put it so it wouldn't get lost or taken by my mom. She tends to grab my things and reorganize them. Since she hates how I clean my room or 'don't' apparently. So she cleans it herself after I do and I'm sure if she did that I'd never find it after that.

I just decided to put it on.

I looked at myself in the mirror and loved the way it looked on me. It was such a small detail but every time I look at it I'll think of him.

*

Dustin ended up asking me for more help today by calling the house phone which I told him to never do again.

He questioned me when I got to his place about it but I shut it down quickly. I asked him how he got my number and he told me he looked it up in the phone book like I was some kind of moron for not thinking that.

"Okay, whatever."

"Come on," he tells me to follow him into the kitchen.

"Hello! Dusty do you guys want some snacks while you study?" Dustin's mother asks.

"N-No mom that's fine, thanks."

"Oh-alright, I'll just leave you two to it."

Dustin just smiles at her as she walks out of the kitchen and back into the living room.

"She's sweet," I go smiling.

"Yeah."

"Well..what is it that you need help on?"

"It-" he stops after looking at me and does a double-take.

I look at him with widen eyes feeling worried.

"What?"

"Is that.." he goes pointing to my neck and that's when I realize what he's looking at.

"Uh-"

"Is that Eddie's pick?" He asks as a smile starts to creep on his face.

"M-Maybe," I say playing with it.

"Holy shit it is," he goes full-on smiling. "He totally gave that to you. Unless you stole it," he says the last part looking at me curiously.

"Wha- I didn't steal it...not technically," I say making him raise a brow.

"He dropped it.."

His eyes narrow.

"Where?"

I play with it and then start picking at my nails.

"My place," I say much more quietly.

I don't hear anything and I look up at him with wide eyes.

"Ok.."

"Can we just start?" I ask frustrated.

"Ok," he giggles.

He starts to open his math book flipping to a page.