Deal

He drove us to his home.

I look at him warily.

"What?" He notices my expression. "No one's here. I just didn't really have a secret location up my sleeve today. So you get mi casa," he says in Spanish.

"I see you're doing better in Spanish," I say remarking as I hop out of the van on the day when we were at the baseball field and he confined in me for a moment to tell me he was doing pretty crappy in Spanish.

"Nah that's like the only crap I know."

"Hm. Great," I say and he starts to walk to his front door.

He opens the door.

"Welcome to my humble abode," he says with a smile waving his hand out to let me in.

It looks bigger inside than outside.

I walk and start looking around. There are not many pictures but the ones that he has are pictures of just him. No family.

I look over at him and he's sitting down on his couch with his legs spread and his arms up on the head of the couch watching me.

His head tilts when I look at him.

I walk back towards him and look down the hall once to see a door slightly open and I can see posters on the wall.

I assume that's his room.

I look back at him and he looks past me down to his room and I just go to sit next to him.

"So.." I go.

He sighs taking a deep breath before starting.

"I didn't tell Catherine about your parents. I wouldn't do that."

I didn't say anything because honestly, I don't believe him.

"So how'd she find out?"

"I don't know," he says shrugging. "Honestly."

I sigh and look away getting irritated.

I snap my head to him and he's looking at me cautiously. "Why have you been talking to her then? I've seen you talking to her twice."

His brows furrow and he looks worried.

"Twice?"

"Yes. Once during lunch outside the cafeteria and-well, you know the other time.."

He just nods slowly like he's processing this new information.

I sigh. "I'm not-" I stop closing my eyes and thinking of how to word this so I don't sound like a possessive weirdo when we aren't even anything really. "I'm not trying to sound..like you can't talk to other people but-she's a bitch. Especially to me so I just don't know why you would hang out with her."

He looks hurt that I said that but I don't care. I'm sure I feel shittier than him.

"Ok..well the reason I talked to her was because she was trying to spend time with me," he says slowly after hesitating.

I look at him lost.

"Catherine and I...we've been sleeping together."

I feel like someone just slapped me in the face.

"Oh."

I feel my eyes drag down to my nails and I start to pick at them.

He places his hand on top of mine to stop me.

I look up to him.

"It was just sex. It meant nothing to me," he says like it makes it better.

I scoff and stand up because the way he's putting it is making me even angrier.