The drink

The next day I got to school on time surprisingly. Considering I took my time doing my makeup. To hide the slight redness and to hide my lip.

My make-up was dark so my lips were a dark shade. I think I look pretty nice.

It's lunch now though and I'm in line again when I am bothered by the demons of the school. Catherine and her group.

"Hey Mary," I hear next to me as I'm just getting into the line. They get in line with me this time.

I just ignore her and grab my food.

"Nice makeup. I didn't realize we were supposed to dress like freaks today," she says laughing as I get closer to the end of the line.

The person in front of me glances at me awkwardly and I look away.

"I'm sorry you're jealous that my makeup came out better than the patchy crap you have on your face," I say as my temper starts to build.

She looks taken aback and I'm next in line.

I finish up and start walking away.

"Hey, Mary!" She shouts grabbing a bunch of people's attention.

I turn around and she walks up to me.

"I'm sorry. I guess I thought you would have nicer things with the life you have," she goes looking me up and down and I narrow my eyes wondering where she's going with this.

"What are you talking about?" I question very annoyed.

"Oh right..that's not you. Right...your mom doesn't care about you. Probably barely has enough money to buy you that horrendous sweater," she says looking at my clothes in disgust. "Oh and don't get me started on your father," she winces "Must be hard to not have a daddy around? Can't relate though."

Everyone gasps and some people laugh and I look around at everyone staring.

"Catherine!" I hear someone shout in a pissed way.

I don't look but I know it's that one jock.

I step close to her trying my best to not cause a scene.

"Go fuck yourself," I tell her making everyone gaps like a bunch of kids in first grade.

I storm out but not before catching a glance at Eddie who's watching me concerned with Dustin, Mike, Lucas, and the rest of his friends.

I look away and walk out to the back where I usually meet up with Robin.

I'm about to round the corner but decide to go the other way and I sit alone on the opposite side.

I don't eat.

I just sit and listen to music. I pull out my sketchbook and try to draw something..anything but nothing comes to mind.

I kept thinking of what she said. I thought about what I told Eddie but it doesn't match up with what she said exactly but..you never know.

I don't want to think that he could do that though. He wouldn't.

How she found out about my dad..I don't know. I didn't tell him anything about him. Nothing specific at least. I mean..maybe the way I talked about him gave it away.

Lunch was almost over. There was about four more minutes so I put away my book and headed back into the cafeteria.

I ignored the stares as I walked to the trash to toss the food I hardly ate. Just trying not to think too much about what she said, but I can't help it. I place the plate on top of the trash where the rest were and start walking towards the other side of the cafeteria. Ready to go to class.