Chapter 2

Trina McMillan POV

Ugh this weekend went by quickly but also has been very brutal. Tomorrow is Monday and I genuinely don't want to go into work.

Jonathan has called me continuously for the past two days. I have at least 59 missed calls from him all together. Not to mention him coming by my house and knocking on my door twice.

I hear my phone buzzing

"Ugh... I bet it's him again .." I roll my eyes

Call from Yura

Yura is the other 1/3 part of the company. She is the COO in charge of the operations and people relationships. While I am responsible for the finances and money management, stocks, etc. and Jonathan being CEO is over all things business, meetings, deals, anything to better the company.

He has less work but more eyes. Like the president and me and Yura would be the Senate, managers under us being house of reps and employees being regular voters.

"Hello?" I say picking up the phone
" Trin, girl what is going on? Jonathan has called me 15 different times cussing and asking about you. When I say I haven't spoken to you he hangs up."

"Yura, he proposed to me Friday night the same night I was going to break up with him. Remember when I told you that was my plan?"

She just gasps and then I hear silence.

"Hello...?"

"Well... what did you say?" She finally speaks

"I told him hell no in a polite way of course before quickly getting up out of there. He even put me on the spot."

She just breathes. She is always so calculated with what she says next . I think it's from years of working with people.

"I'm glad you said no, he is definitely an asshole, and he assaulted you. You did the right thing and don't let him make you feel bad or make you work harder because it." She encouraged me and I felt a little lighter.

"Thanks Yura. If he calls again just continue telling him you haven't heard from me. Tomorrow is coming quicker then I'd like and I want peace of mind for the rest of the night." I explain and she agrees before hanging up.

Yura and Jonathan had their own thing before I joined the company and for a long time she didn't like me because when I started, his attention was on me. He never stood out to me but somehow I got sucked into a 7 month relationship with him. That I'd rather forget as quickly as possible.

Yura and I grew fond of one another after working closely together. She eventually saw that I wasn't pining for his attention and that he was simply interested in me and over her. She ended things and life went on.

She was very mature about it , if it were me I would have had to cut him for being such a thirsty piece of shit.

I put on Netflix and binge watch 'Supernatural' as I eat junk food. I really don't want tonight to end.
————————————————————
Monday morning
My phone pings
Group text message:
Jonathan: Meeting at 7:30am all management
Ron: Yessir
Yura: Will be there sir
Kimberly: Okay
Zack: Understood
Antonio: Gotcha boss
Me: Alright will be there
Jonathan: hmm
More underneath my name

New text message
Jonathan: So I see how you can respond to group text but not me.
Me: Jon I just need space. We are work partners and I'd like to keep things professional.
Jonathan: I see... perfectly clear.
Me: Thank you.

I breathe out a sigh of relief as I finish getting ready for work.

————————————————————
As I walk up to the great huge glass building with Wyles Inc. walking into it I walk passed the security guard and the secretaries on the bottom floor and I go to the employee elevator and press 9. Going up to the meeting floor my phone dings and I check it.

Text message
Yura: Just a heads up Jon called off the all manager meeting and only has you and your managers.

Me: ugh! What for my financial department is running so smooth.

Yura: idk girl, good luck.

Me: thanks

As the elevator dings and stops at the 9th floor I walk out wearing my favorite brown pencil skirt, black waist belt, patterned tan, beige, and brown ruffled top, and nude red bottom heels.

I say a silent prayer for God to protect me and remove me from any negativity. And open up doors for me.

I walk into the meeting room to see my four managers and three coordinators sitting in the meeting room so I nod to them all taking my seat closest to where Jon would sit.

Suddenly we hear him coming down the hall on the phone shouting. He walks into the board room not acknowledging us while still rambling.

"Make sure that this business deal goes through Mark. I have no time to lose out on any more deals I'm already about to take a huge loss in a few seconds." He then hangs up the phone looking at my managers before shooting darts at me.

If looks could kill I would have died ten times over. His dark Smokey blue eyes stare at me intently as his face shows no emotions.

"I have called this meeting because after long debate I have decided to let you all go. Every single one of you can clean out your offices and vacate the building before 8:30 or be escorted by the police."

Everyone begins to uproar.
I just look at him in disgust. You're only doing this because I told you no and ended things!!! Why bring my team into this!? I'm fuming!

"NOW! Get the fuck out of my board room and out of my building." He shouts as his face gets serious and red.

They all get up and leave. My female coordinator crying as she is being let go.

I stand up about to walk out of the room before he stops me with his arm. "I didn't want to do this but it's your fault. All you had to do was pick up my fucking phone calls. You want a break from me. You got it." He smirks crossing his arms and allowing me leave.

"You'll regret this." Is all I say before storming away.

___________________________
A/N * Jonathan is definitely a character huh!? Do you think what he did is justified???
I'm pretty sure they could hire a lawyer🧐🧐 idk I just write stories haha but I'm pretty sure there is a no retaliation law in someone's code handbook