Chapter 36

R.J. POV

If I could describe how this night is going it would simply be "phenomenal".

I steal glances at the dark skinned beauty that sat across from me.

An excited toddler wanted to sit next to her. And between me and the toddler, well she won.

It shocked me even more that my daughter has taken such a liking to her. She is not keen on strangers, even though she is kind and very intelligent.

"Anais is only two years old but yet she speaks in such full sentences." Trina say out loud as she engages with my little angel.

"Yes it actually shocked us too. But the apple never falls to far from the tree." My mom tells her.

"What do you mean?" Trina probes.

"Well little Anais here is actually a prodigy. She is able to write and do 3rd grade math at the age of two." Mom pauses. "Ross was about to play complete sonatas on the piano by the time he was 5, and he also graduated three years ahead of his class." She brags about me. Causing me to blush as Trina looks at me with shocked and intrigued eyes.

"Well well, um, Forbes definitely didn't give out that type of information in their piece about R.J." She says jokingly and everyone laughs.
"I had no idea Ross, I mean I knew you were a genius but I didn't know you were a prodigy." She looks at me before smirking. Which causes me to smirk back.

Yeah right, as long as you continue to treat me like the same old Ross.

"You're a special little tatter tot." Trina says to Anais before softly booping her nose making my toddler giggle uncontrollably.

I know I'm not looking for a mother for Anais but Trina would be a great mother and even though Anais is intelligent she still is a toddler and should be treated as one.

"Alrighty ladybug, it's time to give Miss Trina a break and it's time for you to have a bath and then bed time." Ellie picks her up but she squeals and struggles.

"Nooo, I wanna stay and talk to Miss Trina." She begins to tantrum. So I get up and take over.

"Hey hey, what's going on, this isn't how we get things that we want, now is it." I ask her.

"No..." she says to me with a quivering lip and watering eyes. And my heart breaks so I scoop her up.

"Do you remember when I promised to take you and my special friend shopping once you met her?" I remind her

"And to get ice cream." She says mispronouncing cream.

"Exactly! So how about we ask her right now if she would like to go shopping and get ice cream before you go off to bed. That way you will know that you get to see her again." I look at her while rubbing her back gently as she ponders her thoughts.

"Okay." She says nodding her head, so I place her on her feet and she walks to Trina.

"Miss Trina, would you like to come with me and my daddy to shop and ice cream." She looks up at her before adding her signature "please" mispronouncing that word as well.