Chapter 33

Jonathan

It's been about a week since the party and I wasn't able to talk to Trina how I wanted to. She had Ross up her ass the entire night.

It didn't really help that my dad accused and threatened her. And I still have to replace her.

I'm deep in thought as I walk past Yvonne and into my office. As I sit down at my desk I hear her heels tapping behind me as she slaps some folders on my desk.

I don't say anything I just simply look up at her.

Every day she just gets crazier and crazier. But I mean I get it, I haven't called or texted her since the party.

She just stands with her arms crossed.

"What? You can leave..." I say in an irritated manner.

She just sucks her teeth. "You're so unbelievable." She turns to walk out.

"What!? What exactly is so unbelievable about me?" I huff.

"You see Trina at the party and then all of a sudden I'm kicked to the curb..." she starts to reel "are you fucking her again?"

"WHAT!?" I shout "where did that even come from. I've just been busy nothing to do with her or you."

"Yeah right, you got real loud when I asked that question... I'll just never understand how you can love someone who has done so much wrong to you." She says before walking out and slamming my door.

That pissed me off, so I got up and went to my door and approached her at her desk.
"Listen you crazy little bitch, slam another door in my fucking building and you'll be sitting outside of it on the curbside. You hear me." I threaten her in a whisper as she glares at me.

I go back into my office and back to my desk.

Now back to what I was thinking... oh yeah! I gotta find a replacement.

Then I remember the hot chick who approached me at my party. I look in my coat pocket for the card she gave me since I wore the jacket again.

Aha.

"Charlotte Edwards." I look at her name as I dial the number to call her personally.

"Hello." She answers

"Yes is this Charlotte , I mean Lottie?" I ask.

"About time you called me." She says. "Did you think about my offer?"

"Yes, come work for my company." I say. "I'll offer you more then Jacobs was paying but no funny business or inviting your dad." I demand.

"Daddy and I are on a no communication right now. So you don't have to worry about any of that. I'll gladly accept. When do I start?" She asks me in a seductive tone. Or maybe it's just me.

"Tomorrow you can come in and sign your contract and we'll be good and ready to go."

"Ok I will be there. See you soon." She says. Before hanging up.

"You personally hired someone?" Mark says scaring the fuck out of me.

"Holy fucking -!" I shout while holding my chest.

"Man you need to take a chill pill." He chuckles as he sits down in the chair across from my desk.
"So who'd you hire?"

"A woman names Charlotte Edwards." I look at him as he nods.

"She's gonna be the new CFO?" He questions

"Yup." I nod.

"Does Yura know yet?" He is probing now.

"Yura doesn't have to know every fucking thing man." I'm irritated already.

"Hey man, we're all a team that's all I'm saying." He holds his hands up as he explains.

"Yeah yeah, well Yura can just find out tomorrow." I wave away the conversation.

"Alright, alright. Well on a different note, have you talked to your dad?"

"Well damn Mark! What is this interrogate Jonathan day!?" I bark at him.

"Man look, I know you and your old man don't see eye to eye. But I know there's love there. Have you heard from him? Remember, I'm your friend, I'm not an enemy" Mark expresses calmly but I'm just not in the mood right now.

"Yeah but you're not my therapist either." I smartly remark
I don't even know why I'm acting this way, I guess because my guard is just up about everything.

"Alright well I will leave then, but I'm not dropping this topic. Also you know Yura's contract ends today. But I was informed not to renew it because your cousin is going to be taking her position." Mark informs me.

"Fuck, I forgot all about that!" I run my hands through my hair as I stand up and go to my window looking out of it.
"Thank you Mark." I dismiss him.

"Anytime man." He says before leaving out.

Yura leaving is a good thing though because she was the last remembrance of Trina, and it didn't help that they are best friends. Can't have her giving Trina inside information.

My office door opens back up again and Yvonne walks in once again placing a letter of resignation on my table.

I look at her with a raised eyebrow.
"What's this?"

"Ms.Li brought in her two weeks notice." She says before turning to leave out of the office.

I guess she was ready to leave also.

I just smirk throwing the resignation back down on my desk and sitting down.
Let me do some fucking work for once.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————
A/N: Shorter chapter. Looks like Jonathan and Lottie about about to team up 👀

Don't forget to ⭐️💬🗣️
-chuu💋