Chapter 50

Trina P.O.V

Ever since Ross found out that his sister has been the culprit for a lot of death, threats, and problems he's been looking for her. But of course she is no where to be found.

It's been weeks and weeks of searching, he's even left to go help with the search but to no avail.
And lately he's been more on edge because Mack is out there and no one can get in contact with him.

Poor Yura, I've been calling and checking on her everyday.

Yvonne also disappeared into thin air after Ellie was caught getting her out of the looney bin.

I hate to give it to her but Ellie is a genius ass bitch.

But fuck! I just want a bit of normal in my life. I love my kingpin but I didn't realize the severity of being his queen.

I walk up to Ross while he's in his kitchen with a happy Anais.

"I'm returning to work." I say with a straight face.

He looks at me unbothered, "Well hello there, good morning." He plants a juicy kiss on my forehead.
"Do you want breakfast?"

His unbotheredness just bothered my soul and made me want to power punch or super sock him right in his pretty little face.

I squint my eyes at him. "Did you hear me?" I give him sass.

He grabs the cute little squirt off the counter, placing her feet on the floor. "Anais go to the playroom, we'll be right there."

"Okay!" She says, not leaving before hugging my leg so I squat down and give her kisses blowing raspberries in her neck.

She giggles before running off.

I stand up switching back to my serious demeanor.

"Why!?" He says crossing his arms. "You don't need to work. You don't HAVE to." He squints his eyes back at me.

"Working from home isn't doing it anymore. Is this what you want to show them? That we're scared and in hiding?" I cross my arms back looking at him.
"I just want to feel a little bit normal again, my life has been turned upside down and it's all just too much." I begin to speak with my hands and arms as I become emotional.

"Plus there's a lot of events coming up soon, and it would be great if we could attend them. It's still your business after all."
I finish.

He is silent but then he speaks. "I'm sorry that being with me is not normal, and that your life has been turned upside down."

"No that's no-." I begin but he silences me.

"My life also got spun around, my sister is my enemy, my 'brother' is missing. There's a psycho on the loose bent on killing you." He pauses. "So I know how you feel... but I wouldn't want to go through this with anyone else. If you want to go back to work then we will go back to work."

"Really!?" I ask.

"Work is one of the safest places we'll be, with most of my faction already employed there." He reassures. "Trina, you are my heart, anything you want, I will get it for you. You want normal, it will happen."

I hug him tightly, "Returning to work is all the normal I need."

"Ok, well let me get dressed then we will drop Anais with your sister, then head to the company." He swallows the rest of his coffee.

"I'm going to aunt Leah!" Anais pops out of no where.

"Yes you are" I say before realizing she must have never went to her playroom "hey what were you doing still here?" I ask her.

"I don't know, I was just waiting." She looks away.

"Okay, missy let's get you dressed." I smirk as I walk away with her.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

Later on at the office

I sit in my office looking at all the reports and papers that I missed out on as Carlie spoke, catching me up on much needed information. But my brain just drifts back to all this work.

I'll be preoccupied for at least a month!

But after leaving my work in Carlie's hands for three and a half months and only coming back to a months worth of work. I think she did a good job. This is a lot for one person, she didn't even have her own assistant. Especially since Yura took over Mack's position.

"I'm going to give you a raise Carlie." I say randomly interrupting her reports.

"Huh? Oh... no ma'am there's no need. I left you more work then I wanted to, and most of it you did from home when you could."

"It's already done so no rejecting it. But let's go back to the events coming up on Thanksgiving and Christmas?" I ask her to repeat.

She smirks at me shaking her head before continuing.
"The Thanksgiving event is our year to throw a company gala where we invite other companies. Sort of like when you first joined and we through a gala. Then for Christmas, it's Mr. Wyles' company event... they have already sent us our invitation for the executives, managers, and controllers." She fills me in.

"Okay, so I need to prepare the budget, and get with Yura for planning. We only have a month and a half until Thanksgiving." I sigh heavily.

"We can do it Ms. McMillan." Carlie enthuses.

"I know we can." I smile. "But I'll call for you if I need you, I'm going to start on this pile."

Carlie nods, turning around and walking towards the door, before leaving she says, "We're all extremely happy to have you back."

I just smile as she exits closing the door behind her.

"I'm happy to be back."

———————————————————————————————————————
A/N: We love short chapters 😅 but don't read too quick, might miss something🫰🏾.

Don't forget to ⭐️💬🗣️ if you liked this chapter ❤️
-chuu💋