Chapter 23

Trina McMillan POV

It's been about 2 weeks since I've had a proper conversation with Ross. Within the two weeks I've casually went on a few dates with Fred.

Fredrick is handsome, successful, and charming to be with and around. I just can't shake the missing feeling I have around him.

It's like a soft longing deep in my soul for someone else. Like my soul is quietly moaning for Ross. I mean, of course it is! But I'm not talking to him. He has a woman!

Not that I care cause he's not my man. But to say he's into the stereotypical beach blonde is an understatement. But not surprising.

And now sitting on this private jet with him as we fly to Cincinnati in silence is like torture. He has not spoken one word to me, he barely holds my stares when we make eye contact. And on top that all of that he keeps checking his phone or finding reasons to move out of my eyesight.

I should just break the silence right?
Actually, no  I'm gonna let this one ride.

I wonder why Mack didn't come along. It would have been way less quieter.

Sigh!
I'll just put my AirPods in and doze off so my mind can stop racing.

————————————————————
I feel someone shaking my body as I slowly come back to consciousness, opening my eyes from my slumber.

I look up to see Ross peering down at me.

He's saying something.

I pull the earbuds out of my ears.

"Are you finally awake? We've landed." He says in a cold manner.

Is it just me or do I feel a little hostility?

I get up and grab my luggage following him out of the private jet along with Mrs. Janice.

I left Carlie to stay in my place. I trust her to do well.

"Mr. Jacobs, Mrs. McMillan." Our driver announces us as we get off the plane and into the back of the car.

"What's our itinerary?" Ross asks Mrs. Janice.

"Well sir after we get to the hotel you and Miss. McMillan will only have about 40 minutes to wash up and change before you have a dinner meeting with  Mr. Fredrick Connor and company about the potential partnership." She says as she looks at us from over her glasses recognizing the tension.

Clearing her voice she continues.
"After the meeting Mr. Ross your schedules are free until tomorrow."
"If things go well tonight with Fredrick."

"Also your request for meeting with Tektech Inc. was accepted and they'd love for you and Miss Trina to come to their event tomorrow evening at 5pm."

She glanced quickly. "Also a visit to the Cincinnati office wouldn't hurt. So I scheduled for a 9 am surprise visit." She adds.

"Sounds great. Thank you Mrs. Janice."

As the silence falls among us in the car I begin to think.