Chapter 56

Jonathan's P.O.V

I don't how long that I've been sitting here. In this cold white room, machines beeping, nurses and doctors walking in and out.

"She should wake up in a few days." They said.

But here we are going on two weeks. I expected to have you back in my arms. Catering to your every needs, but you won't wake up.

"Baby, why won't you wake up?" I gently caress Lottie's limp hand as her machine beeps, breathing air into her lungs.

"I need you, I need you here with me. So if you can hear my voice baby, find your way back." I whisper in her ears as I kiss her forehead.

"I found out last week that we're having two identical twin boys." I say as I rub her belly. "They're growing just fine baby. But they need their mom, and I need my wife... come back baby."

I lay my head on the side of her bed and drift off to sleep.

Suddenly I am woken up by a nudge on the shoulder. And it's my cousin Aaron and my friend Mark.

"How ya feelin' man?" Mark pats me on the back.

"Like dog shit." I grumble.

"I can tell... you need to wash and clean yourself up. What if Lottie wake up right now, you'll scare the absolute shit outta her." He jokes nudging me.

I just smile running my hands through my two week old beard.

I probably would scare her.

"How is her condition?" Aaron ask.

"So far, nothing has changed. She was supposed to wake up way before now." I huff.
"When she does wake up, I swear to God I'm suing this hospital and it will become mine." I say in a threatening tone even though I meant every word of it.

"Well, we won't disturb you too much, as you know tonight is the night of our Christmas gala, and It would be great if you'd make a video or Livechat to update everyone." Aaron suggests

"No, I don't feel like being the spectacle of those nosy pricks. The ones that know, are the ones who are supposed to know." I take a pause.

"You guys, plus Trina and Ross will be there to handle the event. I don't want to leave Lottie's side." I reject them.

"Okay, okay. Understood loud and clear." Mark says before presenting me with a bag of clothes, a razor, some soap, and a tooth brush. "At least clean yourself up, you haven't left since she was admitted in here."

"I've been getting clothes sent over." I look at the bag with a raised brow.

"Man I'm just doing everyone a favor. You look beat up." he says dropping the bag on the floor beside me. "But we're gonna get going, got a lot of setting up to do for tonight. Take it easy."

"Call me if you need anything." Aaron says.

I just nod at him before laying my head back down on Lottie's arm.

I just want my baby to wake up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ping, ping.

My phone goes off multiple times, arousing me from my sleep as I get up to see what it is.

The time was 7:25p.m.

The Gala is about to start.

And who is sending me all these picture messages? From an unknown number...