Chapter 5

Trina McMillan POV

As if this fucking day couldn't get worse, it started raining. So I ended up in this neat little restaurant/bar.

I'm not particularly a drinker but I will be today.

"Hey can I get a Negroni." I say in an exhausted tone as I slam my box of belongings down on the bar stool next to me.

"Sure thing." The bartender says to me as she makes my drink. Taking glances at me then at the box she speaks again.
"Long day huh?"

"Yup and the worse part is that it's only 10:15am...." I breathe out in a sigh.

"It could be worse..." she says nodding her head over to the drunken man in the corner slamming his cup down yelling for a refill.

I just smirk at her... but in reality, in my reality I know that It definitely could get worse.

I down the Negroni after a few sips then ask for a refill as thoughts flood my mind.

Sigh. This is what my life has resorted to. Daytime drinking to get over my heartache...

I look to the left of the bar to the restaurant side to see a bunch of men sitting in a corner table dressed in business suits having a ball. The mens laughter filling the air.

Ugh... men. After Jonathan I've realize. I really hate them all.

Men always want to have control.
Control what women wear.
What we do with our bodies.
What is deemed beautiful.
What a deemed feminine of a woman or too masculine.

And God don't even get me started on how they treat black women in society.
A success black woman in society is deemed undesirable, and devalued in black men's eyes and coveted only as a play thing in any other race.

Jonathan just wanted me as a trophy wife while he whored around and had me too. His family didn't like me, they were a bunch of racist. And his personal assistant would kill me if she had the balls to.

In conclusion because I, Trina McMillan, a successful black woman in America . Chose for myself... I have lost everything...

I replay earlier this morning in my head. The feeling of humiliation, feeling degraded, and having no justice causes me anxiety. I feel the lump in my throat forming. Before tears can flow I swallow them and chug my second cup of Negroni.

I hear as the men gather their things and all make their way to the door. Stopping at the door they all shake hands wishing each other farewell until next time. I look over my shoulder before rolling my eyes and tending to my 3rd cup of Negroni.

Then foot steps approach.

"Trina? Trina McMillan from Wyles Inc?" I hear a man's voice so I turn to see who it is.

Approaching me is a handsome 6'1 white man with broad shoulders that looks like he lifts daily, reddish ginger hair with a nice clean beard of like color and he had bluish-green eyes. He had slight freckles that covered his gorgeous face and some of his neck. He was dressed in black suit pants with a beige colored button up shirt tucked in and his matching black suit coat draped over his arm and shiny black dress shoes.

"Ross Jacobs Jr?" Shock and embarrassment come over me as I recognize the owner of Wyles Inc. rival company. Jacobs&Co.

We shake hands and he uninvitedly takes a seat beside me.

"I didn't take you for uh-... daytime drinker." He says with a raised eyebrow.

"Normally I'm not... it's just not been a good day." I begin shuffling myself to the side to hide my box of belongings on my other side.

He notices then say "I'm guessing things didn't go over good after the proposal?"

"You were there?" I shrink.

"Yeah my company was invited ... I saw it all. So what happened? He fired you??" He questions but I don't answer as I feel my embarrassment turning into rage.

"Why is it any of your business huh?" I snap. This was definitely the drinks mixed with my already tattered emotions.

"I was jus-." He starts but I cut him off.

"Look I lost my job today and I'm really not having a good day, and to be quite honest I'm sick of rich fucks like you parading your egos around. So what could you honestly have that could help me!?" I spit out

"Come work for my company. I have a position that would be just right for you. You need a job and I need your skills." He retorts  with a raised eyebrow.

God just kill me now!!!

I die internally as I realized I just attacked this man when he was just offering me a position.

"A- a position? At your company? But I-.." I stuttered losing words to say.

"Just think about it. I'm willing to give you your old position back. Hiring you as my CFO at Jacobs&Co. And I will give you twice the amount Wyles paid you." He says as he hands me his company card.

"Call this number, let my personal assistant know who you are and we'll set up an interview, go over the contract, conditions, and so on. I hope to hear from you." He looks at me with a genuine smile as he grabs his coat and walks out of the restaurant.

I just sit baffled staring at the card.

Ross Jacobs Jr. just offered me a job!!
Ross Jacobs Jr. just offered me a job!!!!

I grip the card tight afraid that it might slip through my fingers and fly away never to be caught again like on cartoon shows. I look up to see the bartender smiling at me.

"I told you toots, I could be worse." She says as she grabs my empty cups from in front of me.

I smile at her then grabbing my wallet out. "How much?" I ask.

"It's on the house." She winks at me before turning back around cleaning the cups.

My jaw just drops as I feel God's grace on me.

"What's your name?" I ask her.

"Jhene." She says over her shoulder.

"Thank you Jhene." I say to her as I leave her an one hundred and twenty dollar tip. "I'll see you around." Getting up I walk outside to see the rain has stopped and I have a clear mind. As I look at my surroundings I notice the precinct is two blocks up the road.

Okay... this is just weird...

___________________________
A/N* PSA: I love RJ more then Jonathan. For obvious reasons 😏 (RJ=Ross Jr, Jacobs being his last name.)

Don't worry nothing in life will come free and Trina has a lot of obstacles ahead of her. They all do actually😈😈.

Don't forget to star, comment, and share🥰
-💋chuu