Chapter 10

Trina McMillan POV

I just can't believe that I just signed a 5 year contract with Jacobs&Co for $373,000/year.

I continue to dab the tears of joy as I walk out of Ross' office towards Mrs. Janice.

She smiles at me before saying, " you ready to see your department?"

As we get ready to walk back down the hall, I see the guy who left with Yura coming in to go to Ross' office.

"Hey mom." He kisses Janice's forehead before looking at me and holding his hand out. "Congrats on joining us at J&Co."

"Thank you! I will work my hardest." I shake his hand.

"We all know you will. By the way, how's your hand." He smirks at me before quickly walking off.

I just smirk looking back at him as he turns towards me and mimics my smacking motion the night before while walking backwards before letting himself into Ross' office doors.

"For Christs sake, knock son!" Janice yells behind him before turning back to me.

"I'm sorry about that, that's Mack, COO of the company and Ross' best friend and my son." She shakes her head as we begin walking towards the elevators again.

" I've met him before. And at business outings I recognize him because he's always with Mr. Ross." I smile. And he and Yura were knocking the boots last night. I think to myself of course.

"So your office and department will be on the 15th floor. And the 14th floor is an extra floor because the financial department is so big." She explains to me as she presses the button to go down to the 15th floor

The financial department is so big ... or Is it just so unorganized??? I wonder to myself.

"I am so thankful that you and Mack agreed to vote me into this corporation as the CFO." I express my gratitude.

"I believed we needed another woman's touch. And your name is most coveted around the Dallas area." She tells me "it would have been insane not to. Honestly that Wyles boy messed up big time." She shrugs and smiles at me as the elevator dings and opens on the 15th floor.

My department....

As we exit out of the elevator the floor secretary is no where to be found to greet us.

"Where is the secretary?" I ask Janice and she nods towards a tiny young lady I see carrying papers and following a man around the office. Instantly this has ticked me off.

Everything has its place and there is a place for everything... the secretary's place is at her desk unless notified... not to be used as a PA unless hired as such.

"Um Janice who is the secretary following around?" I question.

"That right there... I'm sorry Him right there his name is Rory." She says with disdain. Then I recognize he was the last guy who got off the elevator with us but I didn't see him afterwards. So he belongs to my department.

Hmm... interesting...

"What is he to this department?" I ask.

"He is a manager." She scoffs.

"I see." I make a note to watch him.

Janice begins to walk me through the office many cubicles with many busy accountants. But the typing stops and heads pop up and around as I walk through being lead by Janice towards my office down a hall.

I counted there are a total of 4 manager offices and 15 accountant cubicles. Only one manager office in use. And a total of 11 accountants accounted for but yet my department had two floors?

I already intended for my 4 to become managers here. So Rory better straighten up. But possibly he can be moved to the 14th floor if he is competent.

As we walk up to my office my Personal assistants desk sits in front of my office door. It's smaller then Mrs. Janice's desk and my door is way smaller then Mr. Jacobs but nonetheless stylish.

"Right this way Ms. McMillan." Janice opens my door to reveal a bright office decorated in creams, white, pops of gold and a cute light chandelier over my desk.

"Oh my God!" I gasp

"You like it?" She smiles

"I love it!! This is so my taste!" I look around as I walk towards my desk running my fingertips across the marble top and sitting down into my chair in front of my computer.

"I'm glad you like it." She grins at me before getting back on topic. "Your login and password to access the company's financial informations, quick books, and records is here. When you login it will prompt you to set up a password of your choice as well as a
email address. You will also be prompted to download an app to stay on real-time with the company's stocks, money made for the day, sales, losses, and etc. You will be responsible for your departments performance as well as making sure payroll is in every week. You will have to turn in payroll every month. The accounting logs must be in on a month to month basis, but sent to Mr. Jacobs weekly so he can approve it. Then every six months, and beginning of the year. Of course you know most of this stuff." Janice fills me in.

"Oh and before I go. Do you have anyone in mind that you would like to have as a PA or would you prefer if we hired you one in? You would be able to interview them and hire who you see fit." She adds

Instantly I thought of Jhene. I want to get her out of that bar. She has personal assistant experience and the money could help her finish school and take care of her child.

"Set up an interview with Jhene Wilson. Her number is 0-XXX-XXXX." Then I add "and also did Ross send you the information about the four managers I recommended?"

"Their informations is most likely on my desk. Soon as I head back I'll get to it." If you need anything just buzz my desk I'm your PA as well until yours is hired.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Janice. You're literally Wonder Woman."  I say to her.

She smiles at me "as long as I look good like her too!!" We both laugh before she walks out of my office shutting the door behind herself.

I finally let out a huge sigh of relief as I look around my office in amazement.

Now it's time to get to work. I have a contract to uphold I straighten up in my seat as I use the temporary login, changing my password, then logging into the financial system.

"WHAT THE F-...."

__________________________
A/N* omg! You guys I know this might not be some big deal to most but thank you so much to those of you that have been reading my book! 🥰🥰🥰

How are you enjoying it so far???

This is a slow build story because I tend to love those one where the love has to grow!

Who's your favorite characters so far?

Don't forget to upvote, comment, and share ❤️❤️
-chuu💋