Chapter 6

Ross Jacobs Jr. POV

"Yes Mrs. Janice, expect to hear from a woman named Trina McMillan... -YES from Wyles Inc. -It's a long story just expect a call and set up an interview immediately this is an urgent matter." I hang up the call.

Ugh Janice asks so many questions. I thought a personal assistant just did as they were told. But what can I expect from my work mom.

She means well and just wants my success. I was weary about hiring an older PA but she turned out to be better then any I've ever had before. Plus she never comes on to me. She's happily married and her son is my best friend.

Speaking of the devil. Look who's calling.

"Hello"

"Aye man I just closed the deal with the investors they really seem to like what the company has to offer. They were sold!" He proclaims "How'd your lunch meeting go?" Mack asks.

"You'll never guess who I ran into on the way out man... I'm still in euphoria over it." I go over the thoughts in my head "even though she was quite rough around the edges." I recall.

"Who man? Don't tell me you ran into Lottie again? Thought y'all were done." I can hear him smiling through the phone.

I stare at the phone in obvious distaste, wanting to hang up entirely.

"No you idiot. She and I are done!!. — I ran into Trina McMillan. CFO of Wyles Inc. who single handedly pulled Wyles company out of debt and brought in a ton of investors to his company and people bought A lot of the company's stock because of her." I gush.

"Man you got it bad... don't even know the woman yet. She could be a psycho." Mack teases.

I suck my teeth hard.
"It's not like that but I am always honored whenever I am in her presence. I will pay top dollar to have her in our company. Then we can take Wyles Inc. right from under that sleezebags nose."

"Well how did she look up close? We always seen her from a far which is how Wyles wanted it." Mack asks curiously

"Honestly, she looked worn out, stressed, and depressed. I could tell she had been crying. But overall she was beautiful." I recall "Wyles fired her for turning down his proposal in front of everyone." I smirk

"Damn man."

"Yeah it's 'damn man' for him cause he lead her right to me. It's like it was fate."

My phone buzzes from another phone call coming through.

It's Mrs Janice.

"One sec Mack your mom is calling me, she can't get enough." I say jokingly knowing Mack and his dad could easily end my life.

"Oh fuck you!" He says before I click over.

"Yes ma'am, Mrs. Janice?"

"I was calling to confirm that Ms McMillan called and we set up her interview for 8:30am tomorrow morning."

"Okay that's great! Thank you."

I hang up before throwing my hands in the air shouting "fucking best day ever!!!"

"Hey I can still hear you!!" I hear Mack yelling as I forgot he was on hold.

"Tonight we celebrate!" I shout

"Hell yeah!"

————————————————————
Later that evening

We go to this nice lounge that is over a club. It's a lounge that only elites, big business owners, celebrities, and listed people can enter.

For privacy but also allowing for enjoyment. No one gets passed the bouncers unless you're on the list.

We get a few shots of liquor with other fellow business owners and they go to play pool.

I go over to the balcony leaning over to see the crowd of people dancing below the slight smoke screen and flashing lights.

It's crowded tonight. Must be good luck and celebrations everywhere tonight.

Then I see one figure that catches my attention.

"Is that-?" I squint to see before moving to a lower balcony to see above the crowd.

I see a dancing Trina McMillan, Yura Li and the bartender from the restaurant this morning.

"Small world huh." I mumble to myself as I watch the beautiful goddess smile and dance to the beat with her friends.

"Celebrate on. This is a sweet victory for the both of us." I smile before joining the other men at the pool table.

I stand beside Mack

" I just seen Trina." I say nonchalantly

"No shit?" Mack says focused on his pocket and hitting the last ball in before the 8 ball

" yeah, she on the dance floor with Yura Li." I raise my eyebrow as I say her name

He quickly hits the ball in the pocket then stands up straight.
"Sexy, composed Yura Li?" He asks back nonchalantly

"No shit." I answer

The other man knocks the 8 ball in instead of his ball and slams his stick down paying Mack.

"Well it is our lucky day." Mack smirks stuffing the $400 in his shirt pocket.

We leave out the lounge going down the stairs passed the bouncers onto the floor.

I spot Trina instantly making my way to her on the floor. Before I reach her I hear her shouting.

"Don't you ever grope my ass, do you hear me?" She is screaming at a man over the music.

"Oh cmon baby, I was just playin' witcha." He cocks his head to the side his back turned to me.

"You heard what she said don't touch her again!" Yura then interjects.

"Hey Ching Chong why don't you buzz off, maybe go find some noodles to slurp up somewhere before I help you make that uptight ass pussy loose." The man threatens which takes the women aback.

Myself included.

What a disgusting piece of shit.

They try to walk away but he grabs Trina's wrist tightly not letting go.

"Let me fucking go!" Trina tried to yank away but he won't budge.

" I know who you are Trina McMillan. You made lots of money, I'm sure you'll make me lots of money. Come talk to me in private." The disgusting thug says.

Hell no he isn't about to snatch up my investment and sell her.

I quickly get to the ignorant bald bitch snatching his hand from her wrist standing in between him and the women angrily.

___________________________
A/N* RJ is such a hero 🥰🥰

Don't worry you Jonathan fans he'll be back with more shenanigans soon. 🥹🤪

Upvote, comment, share
-💋chuu.