Chapter 15

Ross Jacobs Jr. P.O.V

"I think Rory is a rat. And he's stealing from the company."

That's all that keeps ringing through my head.

When did I overlook the signs?
How long has it been?

Mack always told me I was too trusting and that's why I've got him...

I sigh a deep sigh as I flip back into my desk chair.

And somehow Rory's been sneaking out money... but how?! The only way is little by little.

That must be why Trina is making her team work overtime for the next few months.

Damn, I've gotta call her people in too.

I reach up to my office phone and buzz for Mrs. Janice.

"Mrs. Janice ?"

"Yes sir Mr. Ross?"

"Will you call those reference numbers Trina gave. Have them all come in tomorrow for orientation meeting."

"All of them? Alright, yes sir."

"Thanks Janice."

"Mom tell him you not doing sh-." I hear Mack before she cuts off her end.

"Aye RJ tell mom it was just a joke man!" He busts into my office laughing as Mrs. Janice swats at him with a rolled up magazine.

"I have no idea what you're talking about man. Get him Mrs. J." I pretend to turn a blind eye.

"Alright alright I'm sorry mom I'll watch my mouth!" He blocks another smack from the magazine before she stops and readjust her hair.

"That's more like it." She retorts to him before turning to me.

"I'm sorry, I'll get right to it."

I just smirk as she walks out and closes the door.

"Bro imma fire mom and if I had the power I'd fire you too! Y'all ganged up on me." He scowls jokingly

But I wasn't in the mood to joke anymore, even though watching Mack's mom smack him around relieved a bit of stress.

"Rory might be stealing from us." I blurt out.

"Us? Like Jacobs&Co?"

He asks the dumbest questions.

"Yes!" I state sharply
"The craziest part is Trina already spotted this. In a mere few hours"

"That's good, that's good! That's what you wanted her here so bad for."

"Well, yes but no, because that means my overlooking and easy trusting is what's drawings us to 'almost' financial ruin." I huff.

"No, your dick is what almost caused us financial ruin, but it's making up for it now haha!" Mack laughs before adding "Trina is a good catch, Lottie not so much."

I just sigh at my best friend he really is a honest dipshit.

I flip my computer on, putting in my company password and pulling up my email.

Garbage
Garbage
Business proposal
Junk mail
Hell no!

Frank Mccarthen aka Lotties dad and my business partner.

Yup it's time to cut this loose string.

"Mack dial up Frank for me."

"Gotcha." He sits on the edge of my desk, grabs my phone, punching in the numbers before putting it on speaker.

"Frank Mccarthen speaking?" The man speaks in a thick Italian mixed with New York accent.

"Frank. How are you doing?" I answer

"I'm doin' aight ya asswipe, but my sweet baby girl, not so much. Did ya really have ta go and fire her?" He retorts

"Frank you know I had to fire her."
I pinch the bridge of my nose to stop a headache.

"And break up wid her?" He questions "if ya wanted ya money back all ya had to do was tell me."

Shoulda never took it to start with!

"Shouldn't have took the shit to begin with." I hear Mack mumble exactly what I was thinking.

"Ya say something R.J?" Frank asks

"N-o, no." I start but then I see Mack shaking his head yes while doing the 'cut-throat' motion.

'End it!' He mouths at me.

"Actually, yeah Frank , yeah I did say something man... I-I don't want the money back, keep it, but I am ending our partnership. You can take that money stolen as an end of our deal."

"Are ya sure ya wanna do this kid," I hear the change in his voice over the phone.

"Y-yeah let's let bygones be bygones. I have a new CFO who is bringing in more money then I've lost-." I state but he cuts me off."

"McMillan, Trina McMillan. That's who you chose so I've heard."

"Yeah, but anyways I can't stay in business with someone who stole from me." I finish my sentence.

"My daughter stole from ya. I just acquired tha money. I told ya kid, I can give it back to ya."

"Frank, I don't want the damn money!" I feel myself getting frustrated so I breathe in and out before speaking again. "From here on out we're unaffiliated."

He chuckles deeply before speaking.

"I don't think ya understand kid, ya don't just get out." I hear him take a drag of his cigar before his last comment.
"I'll be seein ya 'round boy."

Then he hangs up.

Mack stands up and looks at me.

"He's fucking scary. So we're gonna up security I'll hire a few more. And I'll have Trina get one of her people to add extra security to the company's accounts." He scratches the back of his head while walking towards my door.

"The fucking mafia man..." he looks back at me one more time before exiting.

I sigh heavily.

I don't know if this is relief or fear.
But regardless that's one problem done. 99 more to go.

————————————————————
A/N: Hellooo! Hopefully you are enjoying the story so far. R.J is far too trusting but he gone learn today lol.

If you are enjoying this story please upvote ⭐️ and share 🗣 and comment! I love engaging with readers and it's also just encouraging especially for a small write such as myself!!