Chapter 55

Trina P.O.V

"Dammit, slow down Ross, what good are we to Lottie if we're dead due to your driving!?" I shout at him.

He instantly slows down
"I'm sorry, I just feel like it's my fault because my sister..." he clenches the wheel tightly and speeds again.

"Ross! Baby think about our family, the bundle of joy we have growing in me." I say gently grabbing one of his hands and placing it on my stomach.

"I am Trina, I am that's why I'm so tense. That bitch said she was gonna come after you and Lottie... and she shot Lottie, she wasn't fucking kidding."

His mind is reeling as I watch my lover spiral.
"That can only mean that you're next..."

"Lottie is going to be okay, I'm going to be okay..." I say softly.

"Trina, Charlotte is in fucking critical condition." He comes to an abrupt stop and looks at me. "I should have killed Yvonne when I had the chance."

I just look at him as he has his moment.

"Look at me." I say to him before grabbing his face and turning it towards me. "Look. At. Me...I'm here, I'm with you. But Charlotte, she is fighting for her life while her body is probably fighting to take her babies to survive. If anyone needs support it's them." I caress his face. "I'm right here."

"I know baby, I know... I just feel so bad." He says as he presses his forehead against mine and weeps.

Him and Lottie had history. So I know the news hurt... he's not saying it but I know he's hurting, and he's internalizing her attack as his fault.

—————————————————————————

We arrive at the hospital, find a parking space and go in and already paparazzi are piling up.

So fucking annoying, they have nothing better to do.

We are directed to the twelfth floor waiting room and there we see Jonathan sitting with his head in his hands as his leg shook violently.

I nod at Ross who nods back and I slowly walk to Jonathan and I sit beside him embracing him in a side hug.

He instantly jumps looking at me then at Ross before breaking down.

He looked like he definitely been through it, police officers and detectives were standing around, I assume giving him space before they hounded him with questions again.

"How is she?" Ross asks as he places his hand on Jonathan's back to offer comfort.

"I wasn't allowed to go back there, they instantly took her into surgery when we arrived, she's been in intensive care ever since." He answers

"And the babies?" I ask.

"I don't know... I want them all to survive but if I have to chose, I want them to save my Lottie, we can have more babies later." He says before sobbing. "That cold hearted bitch, she really shot my Lottie, my beautiful baby. Struck her in the face also." He cries more. "And there was nothing I could do. I was completely helpless."