Chapter 18

Trina McMillan P.O.V

I blink a few times at her before snapping a big pretty smile on my face.

Girl you are too pretty to be acting like this... and that's what makes you ugly.

Of course I didn't say that though.

"Yep, that's me." I smile. "And who exactly are you?."

"Lottie McCarthen." She sneers.

"Lottie? Lottie??" I think for a second. "Ohhh Lottie! I remember now. You're the former me who stole from the company and should be in jail right now." I reminded her.
"What a pleasant surprise. Shall I phone the police?" I go to the phone on Carlie's desk and begin to dial 911.

"I actually wouldn't do that if I were you." Lottie says as she walks close up to me and presses the button to hang up the phone.

"Listen honey, I don't know you so back up." I get slightly defensive as I create space between us.

"I can obviously tell, honey." She sneers back at me. Before closing the gap again and lowering her voice.

"Look around and read the room, Trina, there's guards but they're not doing anything. I just waltz right into the building. Ross hasn't even come to get me yet. You better watch your back, Honey." She whispers before backing up.

Bitch I'm fucking heated. I can feel my nails digging into my hands from me clenching my fist.

I hear quickened foot steps down the hall before Ross appears.

"What the fuck are you doing here Lottie!?" He raises his voice.

"Oh don't get all gruff voice on me, you know I like it when you talk to me rough." She teases him before looking back at me.

Gag.

"Baby listen if you want the money back here you can take it. Please just don't end business with my dad. That's not what you want!" She warns him. In her hand there is a USB.

"I don't want the fucking money and I'm unaffiliated with your dad and you." He says sternly. "Now come on! You need to leave and don't come back. I will be changing the access codes."

"All I'm saying is you're gonna regret this!!" She is raising her voice as he leads her away.
"My dad,-he doesn't deal good when it's not him ending things."

"Yeah!? Well I don't deal well with people stealing money from me, or their skanky ass daughters threatening to expose my daughter to the public!" He shouts before yanking away from her. Looking back down the hall towards me.

"Let's-fucking-go Lottie." He says with pure authority in his voice.

She just sobs. "You don't know what you're doing..." then their voices disappear.

Before I can settle down I hear running foot steps.

As my anxiety rises, please don't be that crazy bi-

It's Rick.

"Oh my God, you scared me! I thought you were gone."

"Nah I couldn't leave, we gotta rat, we have to get him out before he multiplies. But on another note. Drama alert in the workplace." He does the sheesh face while loosening his collar, making me laugh.

"Anyways Come on you have to see this!" He says out of breath.

————————————————————
Ross Jr. POV
I didn't want Trina to see me this way.

"Ross get your hands off me and just listen!" Lottie is pulling to be release so I let her go and she staggers a little.

"Mother fucker!" She shouts while regaining her balance. "Listen! I'm telling you from experience do not end business with my dad!" She pleads.

"I already did!" I say blankly to her staring at the numbers of floors while in the elevator.

"Listen, baby, I mean Ross." She cups my face in her hands to look at her. "I know I fucked up, I messed up, but I had no choice. And yes I know bringing your daughter into this is not okay. But I did this all for a reason. My dad is dangerous. Please please just listen to me." She pleads

I look into her eyes.

These are the eyes that I fell in love with. I wanted to marry her. Until I found out she was stealing...then bringing up my daughter to threaten me...

I pull my face away. "Lottie I'd rather take what your dad has coming then to deal with you." I didn't mean to sound so cold but this is just how felt.

"You don't mean that." She says looking at me deep in my eyes. Searching for any hint of my lying.

But I wasn't.

Tears begin to roll down her cheeks as she stiffly turns around facing the elevator doors as they ding and open.

The guards try to guide her but she snaps. "I know where the fucking doors are you idiots!" Before stomping out in her heels.

My heart is pounding so hard.

And as the elevator doors close once more with me still inside. I hit my floor number and as the coldness hits my cheeks. I release the pain from this much needed closure.

————————————————————
Trina McMillan POV

"Ha! We finally got him!" I cheer!

"Well for the most part." Rick speaks
"We know he's been taking a lot of money. We know we're talking millions. And that's enough to fire and jail him. But you'll have to get a forensics to see where the money was outsourced to. It could be multiple off shore accounts."

"Already on it." I smile. "But this is enough to jail Rory and get him out of here but this is also proof that there is a lot of others trying to take down J&Co."

"Indeed, yes ma'am. This company is in something deep..." Rick looks at me concerned. "Should I be worried?"

"No, it's nothing that we haven't dealt with before." I stand up straight fixing my hair.

"It also looks like he was trying to clear a lot of the records out. It seems that he got to a good amount of them." Rick says with an eyebrow up.

"That's ok. Send these to me and I'm going to send it to Ross. And we'll have the police up here tomorrow." I smile at this accomplishment before leaving.

————————————————————
A/N: is Lottie actually a shitty person???? What's your thoughts.

Don't forget to upvote ⭐️, comment 💬, and share 🗣. I really appreciate all of my readers ~~❤️❤️