Chapter 40

Trina P.O.V

Ross called me back and we talked all night long. I can't believe there was so much depth to him that I never thought about.

He told me about his parents, how his father became leader of the faction and brought it down south with his mom to live more peacefully.

He talked more about Anais and his sister Ellie. He said he and his parents suspect that Ellie went off and get secretly married. She's always been very secretive. Which is something I could sense when I met her.

He also told me about Yura taking Mack's place because Mack is going to be "out of office" for a few months.

When I fell asleep, I woke up around 4am and he was still on the phone softly snoring.

As I got up to go down stairs to get a drink of water my sister is sitting in the chair beside the window looking out at the sleeping city.

"Leah?" I go over to her who is startled.

"Oh!" She giggles after the fright, "Hey sissy." She looks up at me.

"What's up? Can't sleep?" I ask.

"I was working on tomorrows curriculum but then I started to miss home a little bit." She says.

"It is a big change isn't it." I sit down rubbing her back.

"I'm doing everything I've ever wanted, I'm teaching at an HBCU, the pay is amazing. I easily slid in and adapted." She explains. "I don't know maybe I'm just missing something."

I just listen.

"A handsome man approached me today on my lunch break at work." She begins.

"Ohh!?" I get excited.

"So at first I thought, he was maybe a student but it turned out he was a guest who was asked to come give a speech to undergrads and gradates." She begins, "he approached me and then apologized because he thought from behind I was you."

"Then I thought, My sister is so beautiful, and she knows everyone and everyone knows her, what legacy will I leave behind. Will I be know was Taleah or just Trina's sister." She opens up honestly to me.

I just sit and take it in.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to sound jealous or upset because I love you sissy, I just want to be recognized for myself." She says.

"I understand, and I don't ever want you to stand in my shadow because we are completely different people with different goals in life." I reassure her. "But that doesn't mean that I won't help you, because I believe heavily in nepotism." I say firmly.

"I understand sis, but I don't want anymore leg ups until I've accomplished my own goals." She tells me.

"I understand, although it's gonna be hard for me, and you know Ross..." I warn.

"I know." She laughs.

"Well tell me more about the guy, what did he look like? He might only know me. And I mean we are sisters we look very similar." I say