Chapter 30

R.J.
It's been a long time since I've set foot in this house. For a long time I couldn't even drive past this place.

But seeing how happy and safe Trina feels is worth coming back to this past memory.
Of course I had the staff take care of removing photos and her clothes. I'll tell Trina about it one day.

"So what does everyone do, if you don't mind me asking." I ask as I sit on the couch.

"I own and operate my own concrete and construction company in Boston. I also own 14 concrete trucks and have drivers and employees." Lamont, Trina's dad says nodding at his accomplishments.

I raise my eyebrows at his answer. "From business man to business man, I know a few of my partners are always looking from contract work with contractors and concrete. Here's my card." I had it to him.

"Thank you son." He takes it putting it in his wallet.

"I work with my husband. And I am a cosmetologist on the side. I do all locks, specializing in sisterlocks... but I am Lamont's secretary." Tameka, Trina's mom says.

I nod. "Did you start Trina's locks." I ask inquiring.

"Yes I actually did. I installed hers about eight years ago. She was just starting college and was going through a journey." Tameka recalls.

"Yeah haha, and here I am eight years later still committed to my journey and my locks. Only now I will allow help." Trina smiles softly.

"You're beautiful." I say without thinking. "I mean, that's beautiful, but you are beautiful." I stammer.

"Nice save." Kevon says.

"And you Taleah?" I ask.

"I have been an RN for a few years. But I recently got my doctorate degree in medical science. So I want to become a professor at an HBCU." She says proudly.

"I hear you! If you ever want or need recommendation letters I know a few important people who could get you in anywhere." I inform her.

I notice Trina wiggle in her spot while staring at Leah.

I guess it's a sister thing.

"Jordan?" I ask.

"Architecture." He says.

"Woah!! That's awesome man." I encourage him. "Have you gotten any work?" I ask.

"Not much, I'm still fairly new. Dad uses my designs. But not many others really look" He shrugs.

"My guy, my guy. I believe heavily in nepotism. Because in this world it's not what you know but who you know." I say as I hand him a card.

"What's this?" He asks he looks at the card.

I hold up my finger as I finish sending a text to my connection.

"I just sent your name and what you do to the companies CEO of the card I gave you. Give him a call and let him know I sent you." I nod surprised when the composed Jordan smiles brightly as Lamont pats him on the back while giving me the nod of approval.

"Kevon, what bout you?"

"Ahh, I'm still in high school haha, I'm a senior tho so I know it's time I look into it." He says while kicking his feet. " I play basketball and I got a full ride scholarship to play at state in Maryland." I'd like to play in the NBA but I'd also like to have a back up plan. So maybe follow in dads footsteps." He says while slowly looking up at his dad.

"My boy! Of course!" Lamont stands up and walks over to Kevon, hugging him tightly.

All of a sudden Trina squeezes my leg right above the knee surprising me as I try to fight the heat that rose in my lower half also.

I steal a glance at her as she mouths 'thank you'

I just wanna scoop her up.

"Um... I wanna ask for a favor." Trina speaks

"Go ahead" I say.

She turns to her mom and dad then looks at Taleah.

"Mom, Papa, can Leah stay with me in Houston?" She asks quickly

"What!?" Her Tameka says as Lamont looks at Taleah.

"It's her choice." He says as he nods.
Tameka looks like she wants to speak but doesn't.

"Why me all of a sudden?" Leah asks.

"Because. I realize, I miss you, I haven't been around for you as much as I'd like. I really think you'd love it here in Houston, and I won't be alone and by you coming here to stay with me you won't be either.... "Trina blurts out all of her thoughts then quickly adds "also you said you want to teach at a HBCU, well Texas Southern University is here."

Taleah gets silent and thinks.

"Just like R.J. has connections, I do as well." She mentions.
"Plus this place is much too big for me to live in alone... if there was room service I'd probably hash to hire a maid and butler" Trina giggles nervously. I rub her back causing her to relax.

It gets silent.

Then finally Taleah speaks "I actually think I would like it down here." She says before looking at Tameka. "But I'll still fly back home with everyone. I will have to pack my things as well as put in my two weeks notice. And then also get the job down here first." She says a mouthful. "Mama are you ok with this?" She checks in her mom.

"I just want what makes you all happy. And I know that if you are here with Trina and Ross I know you will be taken care of. And I know he will make sure you're safe just as he is your sister." Tameka nods.

"That is true." I say.

"Ok, I will come but only because Trina wants me to." Leah smiles at Trina and they get up and embrace.

"So you'll be moving in in 2-3 weeks?" Trina asks.

"I will." She reassures Trina "but for now let's get you moved in and situated"
She says as we look at all of Trina's boxes.

——————————————————————————————————————————
A/N: thank you for reading this chapter ❤️❤️ Ross is husband goals

Don't forget to ⭐️💬🗣️
-chuu💋