Chapter 31

Jonathan

Tonight is the night of the my companies annual ball. And honestly I'm not really looking forward to it.

I found out that one of my guys was murdered. Trina was all over the news last week. And my dad thinks it's all my fault.

I just have the worse fucking luck. And I only have a week left to find a replacement CFO before I lose my business.

Might as well get ready and get tonight over with.

I sigh as I go to the bathroom to shower and get dressed to prepare for the party. Upon getting out, I turn around to go to the door I see my father sitting on the chair with one of his men beside him.

"Jesus fucking Christ." I say from the scare. "Don't you know how to knock, or call, or just send a damn text??"

"You wouldn't have responded anyways." He answers while staring at me.

I stay silent because what he says is true then I ask.

"What is it you want."

"That Trina girl is going to be present tonight huh." He starts.

"Yeah she is, so what?" I scoff as I put on my watch.

"Well you haven't found her replacement... tonight is a good night to look for one." He says.

"I'm well aware." I mumble as I begin to walk past him.

He suddenly uses his cane to block the doorway almost hitting me in the process.

"Listen boy, you're the one who decided to stalk the girl. Now things have turned into a shit show. Just know that if it comes back on you or my company. I will not waste time getting rid of her." He warns me.

Shit man...

"Yes sir. But again that situation has nothing to do with me." I remind him.

"I get that you idiot." He shouts. "But your little thug is the reason why you could be an accomplice.... Hiring a stalker for your sick obsession with this girl." He continues on. "There's word on the street that this new stalker is hired by someone bigger. From a different mob then mines. We are not starting a war so leave the girl alone. Do you understand me son." He says sternly.

"Yes sir." I say with clenched fist.

"On another note I was thinking, what would be a better appearance then for father and son to appear together. Your mother and your 'assistant' will meet us there."

"Great.." I say as I follow him out of the room and down to his car.

As we're walking down the the car he stops

"That assistant is another one who I sense is going to cause you trouble. Be careful with these women son. I don't know why you're so interested in the help." He shakes his head.

For once dad, we agree on something.
———————————————————————————————————————————