Chapter 42

Ross P.O.V

"Who's there" I look around as I hear cynical giggling around me.

The giggling continues as I stare into pitch black abyss.

I spin around in circles as the giggling surrounds me then I'm suddenly face to face with Veronica.

"Veronica...." I say as I begin to heavy breathe.

'My death is your fault!! Because of you I died!' She cries.

"No, no... I would have never let anything hurt you." I say but she disappears again but the giggling begins again.

'Hahahahaha, hahaha' the cynical laughter begins to sound like sobbing.

When Veronica appears in front of me, her skin was burnt off, her hair was burning up and falling off by the scalp, and her eyes were bulging out of the sockets.

"AHH!!" I scream and fall back into the nothingness.

As I fell into the endless abyss feelings of fear filled my soul. My heart beat began to race as I watched Veronica's  sickly image approach me.

'If you don't find the culprit, you're gonna end up dead and here with me. You promised to take care of Anais.' She says as she screams through closed lips.

"What if the culprit kills her and your precious Trina?" Her bulging eyes stare at me.

"Veronica I-." I begin

'I want you to be happy, protect our daughter and protect everyone that you love...Find the culprit she's closer then you think.'  She foreshadows.

"You're speaking in riddles... I don't understand." I says

I am floating in the black nothingness as Veronica's figure begins to flicker as she looks into the black abyss at something.

'Times up, you're about to go back to the living and I have to go back to where I am. This was the only way I could communicate with you. Be safe, protect our daughter, and be happy.' Her grotesque figure flickers then sudden I am being pulled from her as she morphs back into her original figure.

I am then suddenly shot through the darkness at the speed of light as I gasps taking in a deep breath.

'Protect our daughter and be happy.' I here her whisper as I blink slowly letting the white light from the hospital ceiling in.

"I w-ill V-eronica." I whisper rashly as I look to my side and see Trina sitting.

"Ross!?" She shouts as she stands up and covers my face in kisses before running out the room. "He's awake!"

'Trina, My new heart. Anais, my beating heart." I will protect them.

As I lay in the room staring at the ceiling suddenly flickers of faces flash across my eyes as if I was envisioning something.

Veronica, a Man that looks about my dads age, Ellie, Jonathan Wyles, A cynical woman with a gun, Trina, Mack, and Anais.