Chapter 53

Ross P.O.V

I didn't take my eyes off of Trina since her and Lottie walked off.

It's not that I don't trust Lottie, but shit, that's exactly what I'm saying.

"Whats good Wyles?" I ask him while looking in their way.

"I just wanted to speak to you man." He says following my gaze and looking back at the ladies as they join Yura at the table.
"I want to just get to the point." He pauses and sighs heavily before speaking. "I've been a massive asshole. To Trina, and I know that in turn that has made you very wary of me."

"Man, I think you should be saying this to Trina, don't you think?" I interject.

"I plan to, but I wanted to get your okay. I hold no ill-will towards her, I just ask for forgiveness and to right my wrongs." He continues.

I couldn't help the look on my face, this isn't like him. Granted he never did anything personally to me. But I don't play about my goddess.

"Alright you wanna right your wrongs, cool, I'll allow it. But from man to man if you try anything funny, I will not hesitate to kill you." I say sharply at him.

He chuckles and I chuckle with him before going back to a straight face.
"No, I'm serious."

"I know..." he says and we both sigh.

"It's a good thing, the change you're going through and all. I'm impressed and congrats on the marriage and pregnancy." I congratulate the man.

"It took growth, and getting rid of toxic people and connections. A lot of my growth is definitely thanks to Charlotte." He says taking a sip of his drink as we look towards the women as they chatted to one another.

"Lottie is a good woman, I'm glad she found the happiness and safety she was looking for in you." I say as I down my drink.

"Trina is a great woman too. I was jealous for a long time... I did things to her that was very shameful and I regret. And it's said that karma comes back three times worse." He looks at the ground.

"It's actually 'karma comes back ten times worse.'" I correct him jokingly.

He chuckles. "Well by me righting my wrongs, hopefully it'll deal me my hand and skip my children and wife."

I pat him on the back, "By you righting your wrongs, usually karma has a funny way of showing grace and breezing by gracefully."

He clears his throat. "I've been wanting to ask, have you heard any word on the whereabouts of Yvonne?"

"No." I say bluntly running my tongue across my teeth and making a sucking sound as I feel a bit of rage rise.

"Well, I won't go into the sob 'I'm sorry it's your sister' shit." He says. "Yvonne has a target and it's Trina. I am part to blame for that and so I will do everything in my power on my end to continue searching for her and protecting Trina." Wyles vows.

"Use that same energy to protect your wife and children..." I say and he looks at me in confusion. "The day we paid her a visit at the loony bin. She said not only was Trina her target, but Lottie as well."