Chapter 13

Trina McMillan POV

"What the hell...!?" I stare in shock at the numbers.

There is a lot of money leaving out.... And 72 percent isn't even recorded correctly. Lots of numbers are off... what the hell has the financial manager been doing...

Luckily the money that the business brings in is seven times the amount going out but still....I think someone is stealing...

Time to start barking orders and whip this department into shape.

I grab my iPad tablet and begin writing down the months that will need correcting. My God... this goes back two years..

I stare in disbelief. Welp they have their work cut out for them. As soon as I get my team in here it's really going to progress but for now it's time for me to make my presence known.
————————————————————

As I am coming out from my hallway and out to the main accountant cubicle area, I see the front desk secretary on the phone laughing. When she sees me she instantly hangs up as I walk up to her.

"Hello Ms. McMillan what can I do for you?"

"What is your name?" I ask her.

"It's Carlie ma'am, Carlie Thurman." She says nervously.

"Nice to meet your Carlie." I stick out my hand to shake hers.

"Thank you ma'am. Nice to meet you as well."

"Okay, so just for today and tomorrow you will be acting as my personal assistant until she is hired." I look at Carlie studying her face as I begin.

"First thing's first, do not take anymore personal calls on this phone." I pause. "Important people could be trying to get in contact with this department and your phone is where they are transferred to before going to Rory or myself." I lecture her.

"Yes ma'am, I'm sorry ma'am and it won't happen again." She nods while looking down.

"Secondly, head up, take the criticism and apply it." I add sharply.

"Yes ma'am!" she lifts her head and meets my eyes.

"Thank you Carlie." I smile warmly before giving her the task.
"It's, 10:27a.m now. So make an announcement for everyone one in my department to go to the meeting room and be there by 10:35."

"A-an announcement?" She asks confused.

"Yes, hurry and sound the alarm."

Carlie presses a button on her office telephone that connects her to everyone's company phones including mine.

"Attention everyone in the financial department, there is a mandatory meeting in the conference room. Please make your way there now and you must be in the room before 10:35." she says into the phone.

"Thank you Ms. Carlie, now grab a notebook and pen and follow me." I say to her and she scrambled together the things and follows me.

"I need you to jot down the important stuff I say in the conference room. Make note of anyone who seems bothered, scared, or uneasy." I say to her over my shoulder.